Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Video Games)
Video Games

new dsi firmware, time to bin all your dsi cards

• cobbysquirrel Thursday, September 3, 2009 12:24 PM Reply
    I ordered a Acekard2i after reading your post that there is a DSi fix for 1.14. I'm in the UK and received the card today. I have downloaded the file "ak2ifw_update_14.rar" from your link. I noticed the file is a .rar file. I have openened the A2i software with my DS Lite but I cannot see where to use the file. Can you help?

I have checked Acekard website and there is no news of an update for 1.14 problem!
    Posts(21) | Reviews | Tip post

• Inertia Thursday, September 3, 2009 6:39 PM Reply
    Basic instructions (same for most cards)

Acekard2i
    1. Download http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=174529
    2. unzip the file. use this http://www.win-rar.com/
    3. You should have a folder containing 2 fies.
    ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds Use this to update to update your card.
    and
    ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds Use this to update multiple Acekard 2i in a row.

4. Copy one of the files to your micro-SD card (Make sure that the normal OS is installed http://www.acekard.com/download/ak2/ak2_418_20090730_release.zip)

5. Put SD card into AK2i and into your DS/DSL or DSi
    Please note that if you are updating your card using a DSi with the v1.4 update already installed the card will not work. You will need to use a DS or DSL to fix the AK2i

6.Look down your list of games until you find the ak2ifw_update
    and press A on your DS.

7. Follow the prompts that come up next.
    if done correctly when you put it in a DSi the icon should be a game icon instead of the AK2i Icon.

Thats it
    Hope that helps. The same process is used for all card firmware updates.
    Enjoy

Posts(6) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by Inertia on 9/3/2009 at 6:55 PM
  • cobbysquirrel Sunday, September 6, 2009 7:39 AM Reply
    Great, it is slow loading but it works, thanks! You've make my son (who has just turned seven) very happy.

I would like help in tidying up the access to the games list please?

We are used to TTDS/DSi cards and software. When I click on the card icon (shown on screen), the DSL/SDi console just then dislpays the list of games that are on the card - easy and simple!
    With the A2i, when I click on the card (shown on screen) the display on the console then showns two lines - one "microSD Card" and the second line "Slot2 Card". If I click on the "microSD Card" then I am shown line by line what is on the microSD card - folders and files. I then have to click on the "Game" folder in the list (which has the games in). Only then the list of games are shown on screen.
    Is there a way to firstly remove line 2 "Slot2 Card" on the first screen and then only display the "Game" folder or just list the games from the start?

• Inertia Sunday, September 6, 2009 8:24 PM Reply
    AceKar2i AK2
    It should load the last folder you were in when you load the card(.eg games folder)
    If it is not you can manually edit the globalsettings found in the __ak2 folder on your SD card. Open with notepad and edit the line
    enterLastDirWhenBoot = 0
    Change it to
    enterLastDirWhenBoot = 1

Then it should load the last folder you were in instead of the main screen.

Also have you tried all the Ak2 firmware/software.
    Ak2 Official http://www.adrive.com/public/448211c45c2613e13b8b4cf836d8106ea851af88c60fae8a020f20d8be38cdbc.html

Ak2 Unofficial http://www.adrive.com/public/89abe36c6961c681f79cb41fdc644e74442dfdc9913f1af86bc4afb7108f0005.html

I had a play last night with some Custom Ak2 Loaders. This will load up similar to TTDS and might be what your looking for.http://www.adrive.com/public/0e1c4a52d275b363ef886a10d5c3e718007e14a78f41e29ddb0ed15883840351.html

(Note you will have to copy the whole link manually. This post not linking the whole address)

Hope This helps.
    To Use Just unZip and copy over to your SD card Replacing all the system files.
    To Clean up your Menu on the DS Screen When Using The Custom Ak2 Loader.
    1.Simply After copy the contents of the ziped file to the SD Card .
    2.High light All.
    3.Then Right Click on any file and left click on Properties.
    4.Then near the Bottom Tick the box that says Hidden. Then follow the 5.prompts to hide them.
    Add the roms straight on to the root of the card and not into a folder.

Enjoy

If you would like more help you can always email me [email protected]
    Always up for a challenge :)

Long Live DSi
    Posts(6) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by Inertia on 9/6/2009 at 8:28 PM
  • JeffWeinstein Tuesday, September 8, 2009 7:59 PM Reply
    NEW --- Firmware Update the fixes the DSTT to be used with the 1.4 NDSi firmware (Worked in THE USA)

THANKS TO pepone1234 ---here is the post from them ...

There is a new firmware upgrade for the dstti.
    I'll post it here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=570Y744X

You have to extract this three files then insert them into the micro sd card and execute the .nds one in a NDS/NDS lite or a dsi with firm 1.3 or below. The process lasts about 5 minutes.

It seems to work only with the original dstti.

After the upgrade you will see that the icon of the dstti has changed and now it seems to be like an star wars game.

Enjoy :-P
    Posts(2) | Reviews | Tip post

• cobbysquirrel Thursday, September 10, 2009 7:40 AM Reply
    Fantastic! Works a treat. Thanks very much Jeff. While waiting for the TTDSi update we have had to use a AK2i and R4i Gold card with our DSi's.

I think TTDS/TTDSi is the best card to use. The card opens quickly (to list the games) compared to the AK2i card and the R4i Gold card. It has a scroll bar down the right hand side for quick game location (the other two cards do not have this function).

After the upgrade I deleted the .nds file from the card because it was the last item at the end of my list of games and it takes up memory on the SD card.

post edited by cobbysquirrel on 9/10/2009 at 5:31 PM
  • nuttymango Wednesday, September 30, 2009 7:55 AM Reply
    Good info. Thanks.
    Posts(3) | Reviews | Tip post

• Teufelprinz Thursday, October 8, 2009 9:33 AM Reply
    Very nice, thank you ;)
    Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

• Hakan_G Moderator Saturday, December 26, 2009 5:31 PM Reply
    This thread is a couple of months old now ... but I'd like to use it to get some info and I'm wondering if things have changed since the thread started.

I need to get a flash cart for a 8 year old kid with a DSi.
    He's running v1.3E on it and I don't think he will update it to 1.4.

So which card should I get him? He only needs basic functionality and game save. Multimedia etc. are just a bonus.

Which ones are future proof if he does upgrade to 1.4?
    I was thinking of either getting AK2i or the SuperCard for DSi

Thanks
    I'm not part of DX Staff, only a forum moderator. My comments are my own
    views and might not reflect the views of DX.
    Got Questions for DX? Use CS Express: http://services.dealextreme.com/
    Posts(15340) | Reviews | Tip post

• zer0zhp Saturday, December 26, 2009 9:33 PM Reply
    Well, in short, if he's got a DSi, chances are, he will need to update if he wants to browse the DSi shop channel or take advantage of any features added in with updated firmware.

The AK2i (which I have), has been rather nice for me, and I'm gradually getting more adjusted to the akaio firmware (since I personally preferred the official firmware before, but anyways...). Flashing it to support 1.4 is a must, but I'd personally suggest getting something that would be able to be flashed without needing to operate a DS for it, just in case a new update comes around before the card can be made compatible. For this, I believe (if memory serves correctly), the m3i zero had a little USB module so that the boot code on the card could be updated without needing to be running in a DS first, and would be the most handy solution if you only have a DSi and new firmware for it blocks your card again.
    Posts(16) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 5 of 7
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Video Games)
Video Games

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere