Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Video Games)
Video Games

new dsi firmware, time to bin all your dsi cards

• Hakan_G Moderator Sunday, December 27, 2009 7:25 AM Reply
    Thanks,
    I'll check the m3i zero as well.

I'm a little concerned about the quality of the AK2i, as I have sen some complaints lately on carts not working. I don't want to order one and wait a couple of weeks, try to update and find out it is not working ...
    The kid lives like 20km away from me and I'd hate to drive to his place to try the card out and disappointing him if there are any problems. Then tell him to wait another month for a new cart. I only have a DSL and I can't prepare the cart in advance and try it to see if it works with a DSi. I know I can try it with my DSL ... but still ;-)

Any comments on the Supercard?
    I'm not part of DX Staff, only a forum moderator. My comments are my own
    views and might not reflect the views of DX.
    Got Questions for DX? Use CS Express: http://services.dealextreme.com/
    Posts(15340) | Reviews | Tip post

• zer0zhp Sunday, December 27, 2009 12:24 PM Reply
    You can update the firmware of the ak2i on the DS lite as well with no problem. The update you download provides two files, one which (given its naming) I believe you run from a DS or DS lite, and the other from a (yet updated) DSi.

I too have a DS lite, and was able to do the update without issue. The other thing that is nice is that at least the way the updater is programmed, it will let you update multiple cards, so if by chance you have a bricked one around, you can use that program to help force and hopefully unbrick it for you.

Another alternative you could look at, if this is going to be for a DSi, or if you yourself are thinking of going to a DSi as well, is to look at one of those cards that have the additional ARM-based CPU and RAM. The iPlayer was the first to have it, and while it itself will block running of DS roms and the like for it (as it is marketed more as a media player card), some rather talented people have managed to make a fully functional GBA emulator that uses that chip and its internal memory to be able to emulate and run GBA games on it. At least then you won't need a GBA flash cart any longer, and you won't have to worry about supporting the RTC (for what few games that do use it). Supposedly (IIRC), there was going to be a SuperCard DSTwo that would feature this extra processing; but I've no ETA on whether it did actually come out or not.
    Posts(16) | Reviews | Tip post

• ltp2k3 Friday, January 1, 2010 9:50 AM Reply
    I bought acekard 2i on Nov 20 and didn't get it till Dec 31. I downloaded the latest firmware from acekard.com and copied them to my brand new 8GB microSD card. Put it in the my DSi (1.4U firmware) and got this error whenever I tried running AK2
    "An error has occurred. Press and hold the power button to utrn the system off. Please see...."

I started looking for the solution on the Internet and realized there were issues with Acekard 2i & DSi 1.4X. Now I don't see dealextreme selling the card any more. My question is - I don't have DSL or DS, just the new DSi I just bought last month, so is there anyway I could get this Acekard 2i worjing on my DSi or I just bought a useless piece of junk? Why did dealextreme sell something that does not work as advertised (I bought it because it mentioned DSi 1.4 compatible)?

Appreciate for any help, I am new to this thing

Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

• zer0zhp Friday, January 1, 2010 2:52 PM Reply
    Um... doesn't quite work that way. What you download from acekard.com (or the akAIO) is not a firmware, so much as it is the "OS" of the thing. What you needed to download and use, was something that updated the boot code portion of the card, so that it could work on a 1.4 DSi. Even though technically that boot code update is (un)official, it has been thoroughly tested and works as intended.

The 1.4 firmware for the DSi basically detects known DS flash cards and blocks them from executing. But in order to update the acekard 2i with that boot code update, you need to either find someone with a 1.3 (or lower) DSi, or a DS/lite to perform the update procedure. It will work fine after this is done.
    Posts(16) | Reviews | Tip post

• kimmyh51 Monday, January 18, 2010 5:30 AM Reply
    is this why all the R4 products are gone?
    Posts(35) | Reviews | Tip post

• Matt188 Monday, January 18, 2010 2:34 PM Reply
    Due to the fact that almost everyone has updated deal extreme are getting any messages saying their r4's don't work.
    It is just getting to annoying that they have taken them off.
    Posts(7) | Reviews | Tip post

• westy6215 Saturday, February 27, 2010 6:01 AM Reply
    Get yourself dstti gold $7.46 sku24465, iv'e brought 6 of these and they work on dsi 1.4 firmware by tricking the dsi into thinking it's starwars lethal alliance loaded in the console!
    Posts(10) | Reviews | Tip post

• dudeness3 Wednesday, March 3, 2010 5:13 PM Reply
    I don't have a DSi. Not everybody does. There was an R4 that was NOT for the DSi, and it was till taken off. Everyone is saying it's either because of the update, or because of legal issues. If that's the case, why is the CycloDS-Evolution still for sale, and not the R4 I purchased twice a while ago. I loved the first one so much, I needed another for my other DS. The team updates it, and the R4i-SDHC card they make.

I'm just wondering if it's DSi cards that are gone, why is the R4-SDHC gone? Was it a misunderstanding because the company is R4i-SDHC? I really want to know.
    Posts(9) | Reviews | Tip post

• booskilla Sunday, April 4, 2010 9:11 PM Reply
    does any one know were i can Buy Acekard2i i planing on buying 25 of these cards to send them to family members over seas but i cant buy them any more =[ please let me know if any site sells them for this cheap, the price that wwas sold before on DX
    Posts(5) | Reviews | Tip post

• Hakan_G Moderator Monday, April 5, 2010 2:02 AM Reply
    I'm not part of DX Staff, only a forum moderator. My comments are my own
    views and might not reflect the views of DX.
    Got Questions for DX? Use CS Express: http://services.dealextreme.com/
    Posts(15340) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 6 of 7
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Video Games)
Video Games

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere