Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Does it work with vag com software ?

• windexwil Wednesday, August 26, 2009 2:28 PM Reply
    does it work ONLY with the VAG-TACHO software or it can work with other like vag com?
    Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

• zeecue Wednesday, August 26, 2009 2:36 PM Reply
    Only Vag Tacho, and maybe Opel Tacho also.
    Btw the cable is sold out, i got a mail from DX about that.
    Posts(110) | Reviews | Tip post

• Milosch Monday, September 7, 2009 11:46 AM Reply
    I bought item SKU 28526 ,VAG-COM USB Vehicle CAN Bus Cable with Software CD
    It isn´t working !!!!! This is no Ross-tech cable!!!!
    I was duped !!! I wanna money back. This SKU 28526 has been lost from DX webside Why ??? so that the people cann´t write about this fucking dupery ???
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posts(27) | Reviews | Tip post

• patrickt Wednesday, September 9, 2009 3:44 AM Reply
    mine is also not working - is not recognized by PC. (SKU 28526)
    Posts(4) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by patrickt on 9/9/2009 at 3:46 AM
  • Sperminator Wednesday, September 9, 2009 4:52 AM Reply
    1 find the right (latest) drivers for your operating system.
    set the usb to com settings to com1 com2 com3 or com4. NO OTHER

Go in the software, options, test comport with interface conected. status ok. save & exit.

it is that easy... read the instaal instructions included on the cd. or try google..

Don't post here it is not working. It is you that can't get it to work. Are you sure you want to mess in you ecu settings if you are not able to set the vag-com up?

regards..
    Posts(165) | Reviews | Tip post

• patrickt Wednesday, September 9, 2009 5:38 AM Reply
    @Sperminator

fact is: this is no Ross-tech cable!
    fact is: the pc dont recognized the cabel - so i can´t install any driver!
    fact ist: i also have another adapter - i can operate with VAG-COM!

Posts(4) | Reviews | Tip post

• Sperminator Wednesday, September 9, 2009 5:53 AM Reply
    I got them to work all 30 i had.

The thing is you first need to install FTDI driver and than connect the cable, as in all vagcom descriptions mentioned you can find on the net.. your might also have a technical problem.. send it back and get refund..

for sure it is no ross-tech, this was never mentioned... why would you want one from them. i have a 409 from rosstech. they don't give support or updates for newer versions. So why buy from them {Removed} again... they charge +200$ for a tool you can't update. for the new software you need an other interface. again 250$ these chinese tools work great for less than 1/4th of the price. when there is a new update you buy a new chinese one. 805 is running for 2 years now and yust got an update last month... with oly a new fault code list and a dropdown menu for the seat 6L... so no big change in my eyes. not hat you can do more with it. just al little easyer...

for the drivers go to the official ftdi website http://www.ftdichip.com/FTDrivers.htm and get the last for your operating system and servicepack.

mod edited (cyclist) on 6/20/2010 at 1:08 PM
  • Milosch Thursday, September 10, 2009 7:45 AM Reply
    Hi spermi,,
    I have been working with car diagnostic for 13 years, (VAS-EGD,Diagra,VAG Tester, Super-vag etc.)you are right, that is no ross-tech cable, I have cable
    vag-com 704 and for the installation I used this one only for drivers , and after that I pluged this cable and now is it working, but without my old good cable .. I don´t know ....
    Posts(27) | Reviews | Tip post

• bradgray Sunday, September 13, 2009 2:18 AM Reply
    OK I've got SKU 28526. The Can Bus cable.

I've installed the supplied software, the port is active, it recognises there is a car on the end of the cable & the TEST works & I saved the results.

BUT:
    The software is shareware & next to useless. Of course Ross-Tech won't sell me software for a clone cable (illegal cable in their words).

Of course, the cable came with no instructions (apart from Ross-Tech instructions), so I've come to a dead stop.

What's my next step?

Vehicle is a 12/2007 Skoda Octavia 1Z

Thanks
    Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

• Sperminator Sunday, September 13, 2009 3:08 AM Reply
    @Bradgray.

give me an email where i can contact you. I can help you...

To all the rest.
    HERE THE VIDEO HOW TO INSTALL IT THE RIGHT WAY !!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npijf9Nfr_k

Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere