Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

Registered Mail to Germany

• Kleinalrik Saturday, August 29, 2009 6:38 AM Reply
    Hello DX-Team,

the tracking number of Hongkong-Post is useful for checking if and when the envelope left Hongkong. Nothing more (nothing less).

You CANNOT track the envelope with this number on the website of german post.

When I received my last enevlope, i noticed german post added a sticker onto it. It contained a tracking number (differing from the Hongkong-Post tracking number) with the figures RL 12 345 678 9DE.

This number WORKS for the german online tracking tool. Of cause, it´s useless when you get this number only together with the envelope.

So my question:
    Is there any possibility to receive the german tracking number via DX or Hongkong Post?
    Posts(148) | Reviews | Tip post

• Olli Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, August 29, 2009 6:43 AM Reply
    You have to take the TRACKINGNUMBER# from the shipping info page in dx pages.
    - If you want my attention, write @Olli
    - I'll always subscribe to threads I've written to, so please do not @
    then
    - For latest DX hot discounts, see: http://tinyurl.com/DX-Deals
    Posts(5281) | Reviews | Tip post

• Kleinalrik Saturday, August 29, 2009 6:48 AM Reply
    This wont work. The tracking number you are referring to is the Honkong-Post Tracking number, as I already stated in my post above.

It is NOT useable for tracking the envelope on the tracking tool of German Post.

• just_MaD Saturday, August 29, 2009 6:56 AM Reply
    no way, unfortunately.

the package gets a new number as soon as it arrives in germany, for the national transport.
    hk post doesn't have anything to do with it anymore, and as you know german post is useless...
    I came here to drink milk and kick ass... and I've just finished my milk
    Posts(1631) | Reviews | Tip post

• mbrandhu Saturday, August 29, 2009 6:57 AM Reply
    The DHL-Tracking-Number is only for the german post itself, you can´t track your package in germany with the hong-kong-tracking-ID :-(

in german:
    Du kannst leider das Paket nicht mit der Hong-Kong-Tracking-Nummer orten. Diese ist für Hong-Kong bestimmt, die DHL-Nummer für Deutschland. Die deutsche Nummer ist nur für DHL selbst, einmal zur eigenen Paketortung (wird ein Paket innerhalb einer gewissen Zeit ausgeliefert [internationale Sendungen] erhält die Post einen Zuschuss) und, da es sich um ein Einschreiben handelt, um die Identifikation.

Diese Nummer wird leider nicht mitgeteilt, auch wenn man bei der Post danach frägt, wohl wegen dem Briefgeheimnis, zumindest als ich es probiert habe.
    regards from Germany:
    Markus

With best regards from Germany:
    Markus
    Sometimes my english isn´t the best - sorry for that, I´m a pupil

TIP ME NOW if you like my post :-)
    Posts(1779) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by mbrandhu on 8/29/2009 at 6:57 AM
  • 54321 Saturday, August 29, 2009 6:57 AM Reply
    I don’t think DX could do anything about that. It’s German post who changes number so you should ask them for option.

Posts(3150) | Reviews | Tip post

• Kleinalrik Saturday, August 29, 2009 7:09 AM Reply
    So, in short: There´s no way.

You CAN track the german number in Germany, but German Post does not report this number to Hong Kong Post. And you´ll not get this number until you receive the envelope.

And there´s no way of deducing the german tracking number out of the Hongkong tracking number.

Too bad.

Thank you all for your suggestions (and fast replies, I´m impressed!).

• mbrandhu2 Saturday, August 29, 2009 7:17 AM Reply
    ...but Beamtenarsch DHL...
    *laugh*
    I´m the real mbrandhu, this is only my second account ;-)

In this case, regards from Germany
    Markus
    Posts(84) | Reviews | Tip post

• Kleinalrik Saturday, August 29, 2009 12:09 PM Reply
    Me too: LOL!!!

My wife just got in and wondered what I am laughong so loud at.

• Kleinalrik Saturday, August 29, 2009 1:21 PM Reply
    I´ve searched but haven´t found any serch-tool that accepted the Hongkong code.
    AMGGTV just edited today his post http://www.dealextreme.com/forums/Forums.dx/Forum.-202~threadid.280417 with a link to my post here, stating tracking isn´t working in germany.

:-(

Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere