Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Lock Picks)
Lock Picks

Padlock Shims?

• xxgg1 Sunday, November 1, 2009 4:50 AM Reply
    Hello!

Anyone know if where I could get a Padlock Shims for cheap ?

Wish DX would carry this.
    Posts(32) | Reviews | Tip post

• FisHNorway Sunday, November 1, 2009 4:59 AM Reply
    Its not allowed to mention other stores on the forums.
    Even not a hint is allowed.
    Did you find this post usefull? Tip me a point or two :)
    Posts(1663) | Reviews | Tip post

• xxgg1 Monday, November 2, 2009 4:59 PM Reply
    No problem...

Anyone care to email the cheapest place buy one of those strong pre-made shims?
    [Removed - Posting e-mails is NOT allowed / and pls don´t ask for other store references]

mod edited (lal2009) on 11/2/2009 at 5:07 PM
  • xxgg1 Monday, November 2, 2009 5:00 PM Reply
    or

DX can carry them and I won't have to ask :D

• dropshiper Tuesday, November 3, 2009 5:33 AM Reply
    that would be great
    Posts(7) | Reviews | Tip post

• lowrider Tuesday, November 3, 2009 7:29 AM Reply
    Uh, I can't say I see the point - AFAIC lockpicking is a sport. You can't just stick a lock pick into any random lock like they do in the movies, move it around a bit and open a lock. You can't really say that about shims. But I guess you could always just cut up a beer can and make your own.
    Posts(882) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by lowrider on 11/3/2009 at 7:29 AM
  • okswaney Wednesday, June 23, 2010 7:04 PM Reply
    I enjoy the pricing available for various Locksmithing tools available here on DX. I am personally in the industry, and see this not as a hobby of trying to pick a lock like 007, but rather, at the request of customers.

Padlock shims, mentioned above, are a simple thin piece of spring steel bent to a certain shape to enable bypassing the locking mechanism on common padlocks. It shouldn't cost USD$20, or even USD$10. They are expendable - but using an aluminum beer can and having the weak metal tear off inside a lock would not be a option. I'd like to see this item offered here on DX, at a great price.

Standard padlock shim kits include 4 different sizes, with qty 5 of each size. I will buy this item (again) within the next 2 months, and would prefer to buy at a DX price.
    Posts(11) | Reviews | Tip post

• Ejay87 Thursday, November 25, 2010 4:31 AM Reply
    I requested shims over a year ago, nothing ever happend.
    Posts(89) | Reviews | Tip post

• MonkoftheFunk Thursday, June 4, 2015 2:42 AM Reply
    Here now 2015 http://www.dx.com/s/padlock+shims
    Posts(2) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Lock Picks)
Lock Picks

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere