Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Not working

• jtws0904 Saturday, November 07, 2009 8:47 PM Reply
    Able to install driver & player in both Windows 7 & XP. But while scanning for channels in player, no matter how I'd try, it was unable to detect any channels & 0% strength. There isn't any light on the device too.
    Posts(19) | Reviews | Tip post

• MASTMAST Saturday, November 21, 2009 12:48 PM Reply
    same here :| what the hell is wrong with this???
    Posts(24) | Reviews | Tip post

• DX4LIFE Monday, November 30, 2009 12:20 PM Reply
    I know exactly whats wrong. If you are in the U.S. as I am, you have been ripped off. Please try to return it.( thats what Im doing)
    Posts(29) | Reviews | Tip post

• SimonLeBon Tuesday, February 16, 2010 2:54 PM Reply
    Hey DX4LIFE,

Could you share with us, what is causing the problem? (Is it a driver issue, hardware problem or perhaps a frequency/TV standard issue?).

Thank you in advance.
    Posts(15) | Reviews | Tip post

• wikiwikiwaster Tuesday, February 16, 2010 4:02 PM Reply
    Yes please explain me.
    I am from Spain, but I have the same problem as you; the led light is off, the remote seems to work, driver updated and compatible, but the device doesn't find any channel.
    Thanks in advance, any help appreciated.
    Posts(2) | Reviews | Tip post

• DX4LIFE Tuesday, February 16, 2010 4:14 PM Reply
    EDIT:
    @SimonLeBon and @wikiwikiwaster, The problem is this.
    (IF SHORT ON TIME READ LAST PART)
    >>The frequencies required to play TV stations are encrypted. When your antenna tries to decrypt, it is not able. The software is also incompatible with the provided antenna.

Antenna+Provided Software=FAIL
    New antenna+Provided Software=POSSIBLE
    Antenna+New software=FAIL (Antenna is virtually useless)

LONG STORY SHORT>> The antenna is not equipped for use anymore, it is unusable.

SOLUTION A>> 1. Find [stronger] compatible antenna

SOLUTION B>> 1. Go with a more expensive dual-receiver, also found on DX.
    Posts(29) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by DX4LIFE on 2/16/2010 at 4:20 PM
  • mtiris Monday, June 20, 2011 12:52 PM Reply
    I have same problem in Turkey.searching but no signal and no channel.
    Is there any news/update for this case?
    Posts(3) | Reviews | Tip post

• MASTMAST Tuesday, June 21, 2011 4:04 AM Reply
    The problem is that the antenna is quite bad. I got it to work by assembling a RCA plug to be able to connect it to the main antenna of my building. You can try to place the antenna it comes with close to any main antenna of your building (or in contact with any wire that ends in your main antenna). Once in touch, perform a channel search and you'll get the lights on when finding a channel.

Cheers.
    Posts(24) | Reviews | Tip post

• pl2011 Sunday, January 20, 2013 9:03 PM Reply
    I am having the same problem - so I am to understand that the light(s) will only come on if it actually finds a channel?
    Posts(4) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere