Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

'Item shipped'-but 8 days later according to HKP?

• matrix-neo Moderator Sunday, January 20, 2008 11:13 AM Reply
    Firstly let me say I'm happy overall with Dx products and service and this post is more of an inquiry than complaint, but it's important to me and probably others here as well.
    Recently an order was put together and according to Dx tracking summary page it was shipped 1/11/2008 complete with tracking number. For over a week I did not see the tracking number come up on HKP website, I know that is ok, but the issue is according to HKP it was received on 1/19/2008-thats 8 days after Dx said they shipped the item!-so Dx staff, please reply to this question, was the item really shipped on 1/19/2008? and if yes why does the tracking summary show it was shipped 8 days earlier on 1/11/2008? processing should stop once item is shipped, or have I missed a processing step here?

Has anyone else noticed this as well?
    Resistance is futile-give in to DX gadget craving!
    also a voluntary mod-be nice please!
    Have an enquiry? https://cs.dx.com/ticket/index

Posts(11865) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by matrix-neo on 1/20/2008 at 11:56 AM
  • mr_hanky Sunday, January 20, 2008 11:15 AM Reply
    Only a few threads below this:

http://www.dealextreme.com/forums/Forums.dx/Forum.-202~threadid.52161

(edited to make the link clickable)
    Insert Signature Here:
    Posts(1435) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by mr_hanky on 1/20/2008 at 11:16 AM
  • matrix-neo Moderator Sunday, January 20, 2008 11:26 AM Reply
    that only explains why there is a delay for the tracking number to come up after item is shipped, in my case there is a discrepancy with the shipping date itself, Dx states order was sent 1/11/2008 but HKP states it was sent 1/19/2008

• Snytbaggen3 Sunday, January 20, 2008 11:37 AM Reply
    DX date is when it was sent from DX. HKP date is when it was sent from HKP. For example, DX posts an order and marks it as shipped. A few days later, HKP sends it to you, and marks it as shipped.
    Posts(113) | Reviews | Tip post

• matrix-neo Moderator Sunday, January 20, 2008 11:44 AM Reply
    on HKP website it states;
    'The item (RAXXXXXXXXXHK) was posted on 19-Jan-2008 and is being processed for delivery to the addressee'

this means it was received by HKP on 1/19/2008, not the date they shipped it to me, right? I must be getting really tired this early in morning!

• Mobile777 Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, January 20, 2008 12:14 PM Reply
    Maybe they put it in a mail-box or something and it's considered posted only after a clerk in HK post gets and marks it with the posted status.

It's marked as shipped by HK Post only after being processed again, probably by different people.

You're not the only one, although usually the day difference is smaller.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    - - - - - - - - -

• mr_hanky Sunday, January 20, 2008 12:15 PM Reply
    Using your dates as an example, DX hands over your package(s) on 1/11/08, HKP then processes the package and send the package 1/19/08.

DX obviously has no control over how long HKP takes after the packages are handed over. As explained in Kyles post there are delays at HKP at the moment because of the upcoming new year so HKP staff are taking their holiday leave and there's also an increased amount of post as people try to get their stuff sent before the new year closure. So basically more post plus less staff equals big delays.

I currently have three orders that are delayed by HKP, they are all of items I regularly buy from DX and DX has always sent them within 1-4 days so it obviously is not a problem with DX.
    Insert Signature Here:
    Posts(1435) | Reviews | Tip post

• NZ_BUYER Sunday, January 20, 2008 1:06 PM Reply
    I think all of DX's mail and all of the other mail gets put in large piles and then eventually gets scanned and processed.

This is not just a problem with DX, it is a problem with Hong Kong Post.

I have had other things sent to me via Hong Kong Post and it has taken like 5 days to show up on there system.
    Posts(1047) | Reviews | Tip post

• lennin Sunday, January 20, 2008 1:29 PM Reply
    Order: 0XXXXX7 placed on 1/6/2008 3:18:19 PM Status: On 1/10/2008: Shipped

On the "Tracked Air Mail" there is an information like this:

The item will leave Hong Kong for its destination on 19-Jan-2008
    I don't know if I'm right but I think that this package was kept 9 days on the Hong Kong Post :(

Posts(25) | Reviews | Tip post

• Cptnodegard Sunday, January 20, 2008 2:00 PM Reply
    same thing here. seems to be a prob at hk post office. oh well, it will arrive eventually
    Posts(297) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere