DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Clone of AOYUE 936

• ordimans Friday, February 12, 2010 9:22 PM Reply
    IT's clone of AYOUE 936 ?

http://www.pcb-soldering.co.uk/index.php?target=products&product_id=23

• James_C Wednesday, February 24, 2010 1:02 PM Reply
    I suspect it is a real Aoyue (which is a clone of a Hakko). Aoyue is cheaper, but not nearly as good a quality as Hakko.
  • ordimans Wednesday, February 24, 2010 1:08 PM Reply
    I would like to have a confirmation about that.
    because if it's aoyue the price is very good.
    in my country, it's more expensive.

And DX sell tips for this or not ?
  • James_C Wednesday, February 24, 2010 1:28 PM Reply
    Yes they sell tips, see the New Arrivals website category for the last few days and all the tips in their soldering equipment category labeled standard or 900M on the package (900M is the series for a medium sized Hakko iron and clones of it).

I am not a big fan of Aoyue, because the iron wand is only so-so quality and the cable to it is both stiff and fragile (wire frays internally pretty easy). It will get the job done, but you will probably find you need to repair it a few times to replace the cable and wand, long before you would need to on the Hakko. It makes initial cost less but as much cost and more time wasted in the long term.
  • ordimans Wednesday, February 24, 2010 7:40 PM Reply
    I need just for some repair.
    I am not a professionnal.

And iron on DX are very powerful, and not good for small welding.

Thanks you for your help
  • James_C Wednesday, February 24, 2010 7:49 PM Reply
    ^ Depends on how much repair you do. You can get a basic Hakko soldering iron, non-adjustable type, for lower cost.

However, the Aoyue will do delicate work ok, just keep the temperature turned down low and use an appropriate tiny tip. Like another person I buy a variety 10 pack of Hakko tips on that popular auction 'site, it includes one tip finer than the tip usually included with the Aoyue and another tip about the same as the default conical taper Aoyue tip. In fact just a few minutes ago I used it to swap a couple SO-8 EPROMs on some equipment that used coded boards and needed the codes to match.
  • ordimans Wednesday, February 24, 2010 7:55 PM Reply
    Where can i buy Hakko station too ?
    About iron tips, added few last days.
    I checked, and it's not really finer tip.
    It's big i think, not diameter.

If for good price, i can have Hakko with severals tips, i will prefer.

or maybe i will make a request to DX :lol:
  • ordimans Tuesday, June 22, 2010 4:58 PM Reply
    So you think Kada is better than Aoyue ?

because there are many aoyue product, and i would like to buy 701 station (soldering + desoldering)
  • James_C Tuesday, June 22, 2010 5:18 PM Reply
    See my prior reply ordimans, I think it is the exact same quality because it's the same manufacturer.

I am not very impressed with the quality, it is ok for occasional use but if you plan to solder more often you should consider a real Hakko, Weller, or higher up brands like Metcal.
  • ordimans Tuesday, June 22, 2010 5:26 PM Reply
    Oh you think it's same manufacturer ok.
    Because i believe Kada is not a chinese company, but spanish (or latina)

After, it's chinese product you know, so not same quality than Weller.
    But i think it will answer my waiting.

And feedback about Aoyue are very good on internet.
    Posts(211) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by ordimans on 6/22/2010 at 5:29 PM
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

* 5000 characters max
Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections