Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Q & A)
Q & A

Canadians

• Barqers Wednesday, February 17, 2010 3:55 PM Reply
    Well, my package left Hong Kong on Feb 14 (their time so Feb 13 our time). So I expected it to be at least saying "International item received and will be reviewed by customs" by today at the very least, but it's still not showing up in Canada post. Anyone else experience a horrible tracking system with Canada Post?
    Posts(313) | Reviews | Tip post

• Barqers Wednesday, February 17, 2010 4:21 PM Reply
    Sorry I meant to say Feb12 left HK, Feb 11 Canadian time. So I've given like 4.5 ish days. I didn't realize it would take so long, last three times it left, and was in and out of canadian customs 5 days later. So it's taken more then that to even show up in customs which is why i asked lol.

• RevolverOcelot Wednesday, February 17, 2010 4:37 PM Reply
    For me, it takes exactly 10 days for my DX packages to arrive in Toronto and be entered into the CP system. My packages are then held for 1-2 days before it's delivered to me.
    Posts(379) | Reviews | Tip post

• Barqers Wednesday, February 17, 2010 6:04 PM Reply
    Perfect. Thanks Revolver. Maybe the first two times were just lucky lol.

• swinginswirlie Thursday, February 18, 2010 12:59 PM Reply
    All my packages, once actually leaving HK, have arrived in Vancouver Customs within 2 days (weekends included). After that, it often takes a full week to get to me.

And yes, Canada Post tracking is useless. Their updates lag so far behind reality.
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you
    get the warm feeling that it brings.
    Posts(684) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by swinginswirlie on 2/18/2010 at 1:00 PM
  • acidica Thursday, February 18, 2010 1:03 PM Reply
    Most of my package are not even scanned by the custom until delivery.
    Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That’s why
    it’s called the present.
    Posts(3054) | Reviews | Tip post

• Scott86 Thursday, February 18, 2010 1:50 PM Reply
    Isnt the new year a week long holiday for china? If it didnt leave HK by the 14th, you arnt going to see it anytime soon, since it'll be stuck in their mail system until the weeks over.
    Posts(274) | Reviews | Tip post

• shusting Thursday, February 18, 2010 1:59 PM Reply
    Yep.
    Mine was "shipped" on the 10th. I'm hoping it left in time, lol.

And I think CP is extra slow this year. Perhaps extra screening for fake olympic merchandise? ;)
    GTA, Canada.. eh?
    Posts(2421) | Reviews | Tip post

• swinginswirlie Thursday, February 18, 2010 3:03 PM Reply
    Don't forget it takes at least a few days (longer around holidays) to be processed by HK Post. My last shipment was Feb 8. It's still sitting in the HK Post depot. Hopefully it gets shipped soon after they're back.
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you
    get the warm feeling that it brings.
    Posts(684) | Reviews | Tip post

• Barqers Thursday, February 18, 2010 3:08 PM Reply
    Oh it left before, it was dinged into CP system yesterday night. The funny thing is I checked at 5 and it wasn't in, then I checked at 8 and it said it was received at 14:20 lol...

I was assuming I'd get it today or tomorrow, since that's usually how it's happened for me in the past, but they're taking a little longer at the moment. Mines in Mississauga.

Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:
Q & A

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere