DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Q & A)
Q & A

Are Reviews censored by DX?

• smartclicks Thursday, January 24, 2008 11:38 PM Reply
    Well I have done three reviews thus far

One good ... two bad

one of the bad ones I submitted quite a while ago

Now click my reviews link at the bottom of this post ...

see anything strange>?

Just wondering as I have seen a couple posts about this and now I am begining to wonder myself

Posts(168) | Reviews | Tip post

• Mobile777 Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, January 24, 2008 11:47 PM Reply
    Sometimes it takes time till they're published. You can post unpublished info in the product's page so everyone can benefit from it.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    - - - - - - - - -

• k_t_t Friday, January 25, 2008 12:37 AM Reply
    I also believe they are censoring, as I have made three reviews, two god and one bad, and the bad one never appeared on web page.

It's most likely best to write bad reviews on product's discussion area, as they don't seem to censor them.
    Posts(61) | Reviews | Tip post

• massmass Friday, January 25, 2008 12:49 AM Reply
    I don't think they do. Perhaps your reviews weren't very good or they just didn't get to it. I've seen plenty of bad reviews, in both senses. So, I doubt that DX actively censors ANYTHING here.

Posts(38) | Reviews | Tip post

• Megavvolt1 Friday, January 25, 2008 12:55 AM Reply
    In the past, my good and bad reviews were published, but my last two reviews (one good and one bad) were a different story: the good one is there, the bad one never shown up.

Posts(126) | Reviews | Tip post

• tohterry Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, January 25, 2008 3:26 AM Reply
    I have the same guess as you guys. I once made a review saying that a product is quite useless and it never get posted. All my reviews were posted within 1 day except this negative review.

I think DX should accept honest reviews, whether it is good or bad...so that customers will be better informed and not disappointed with the purchased product!

Posts(702) | Reviews | Tip post

• matrix-neo Moderator Friday, January 25, 2008 3:33 AM Reply
    Actually it has been taking longer to get reviews/photos approved lately, some have been waiting over 3 weeks, they must be really busy, but i don't think they censor, in fact there was a case where someone by mistake recently approved a review where the writer said some personal things about Kyle and Melissa.
    Just check the submission guidelines first, maybe they thought it wasn't helpful, or contained non related material etc
    Resistance is futile-give in to DX gadget craving!
    also a voluntary mod-be nice please!
    Have an enquiry? https://cs.dx.com/ticket/index

Posts(11875) | Reviews | Tip post

• k_t_t Friday, January 25, 2008 3:46 AM Reply
    Hello Matrix-neo,

I am 100% sure that my negative review did not contain anything offensive, or anything non related material. It just stated that the item did not work as specified and it was not worth of buying. Thus, it can be said that it was not helpful, at least not for DealExtreme.

Kyle, please step forward and explain DealExtreme censoring policy to us.
    Posts(61) | Reviews | Tip post

• richard314 Friday, January 25, 2008 5:27 AM Reply
    I hate when companies do this, not posting negative reviews makes the whole review system pointless.

I'll stick to CPF for reviews of DX flashlights in future.
    Posts(20) | Reviews | Tip post

• just_MaD Friday, January 25, 2008 1:03 PM Reply
    i don't think they censor.
    if your reviews aren't posted, try again or write them a ticket, they'll most likely publish it.
    as far as i remember they said they don't censort anything.

and in my opinion there would be no reason to, i mean, they don't produce those items, they just sell it, it's not like you critize DX, if you say that the item is rubbish...
    I came here to drink milk and kick ass... and I've just finished my milk
    Posts(1631) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:
Q & A

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere