• sece1212 Sunday, April 11, 2010 9:03 PM Reply
    Been reports of it.. Anyone interested?
    Been Posting Here Since November 08 :D
    Counter Strike Player (Former Cal M), Dx Forum Helper :]
    Yankees Won The WS :D
    Colts Lose ):
    Posts(3535) | Reviews | Tip post

• MS3FGX Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, April 11, 2010 9:06 PM Reply
    Not really. The Droid is superior to the iPhone in basically every way possible, except for maybe the available applications, but given the explosion of Android development since the Droid's release I don't see that being an issue for much longer; there were over 9000 new apps added to the Android Market in March alone.

Verizon will also be getting the Nexus One in the near future, which would be another option over the iPhone.

Unless the CDMA version of the iPhone is vastly improved from the current 3GS model, I can't see any reason to go with it over VZWs Android lineup.
    Posts(2213) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by MS3FGX on 4/11/2010 at 9:07 PM
  • sece1212 Sunday, April 11, 2010 9:14 PM Reply
    Nexus one didn't have many sold compared to the Droid, and iPhone. It did get a lot of hype though. One thing I didn't like about the Droid was at times, (A lot of videos showed) it was choppy going into a app. I didn't really like that. But, I'm obviously A bit biased, so I would go for an iPhone.. =P
    Colts Lose ):

• MS3FGX Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, April 11, 2010 9:32 PM Reply
    Having used all versions of the iPhone and the Droid (with Android 2.0 and the 2.1 update), I can tell you that there is really no comparison. The Droid outperforms any version of the iPhone by whatever metric you would care to use. 2.0 did have a few glitches on the Droid, but the 2.1 update fixes them all and increases performance noticeably.

The iPhone OS is very very simplistic compared to Android 2.x, and doesn't allow for 1/2 of the customization and software flexibility. iPhone OS 4.0 is just now getting some of the features that Android has had since the first release, but will still fall considerably short of Android 2.1 in some respects like multi-tasking. Android allows any application to be run in the background and already has an application switcher when holding the home button; while iPhone OS 4.0 will only allow certain applications to run in the background and will simply freeze the others. The notification system on the iPhone OS still leaves a lot to be desired for multiple applications as well.

The sales of the Nexus haven't been as high as the Droid or iPhone, but a lot of that has to do with the way Google has decided to sell the Nexus. Had it the backing of a carrier like Verizon, with the advertising campaign the Droid is getting, they would have sold a lot more from the start. Perhaps Verizon is planning a similar campaign for the Nexus once the CDMA version is ready for market.

• flashin Sunday, April 11, 2010 9:53 PM Reply
    is verizon any good?
    Howdy from Ohio!

(john 3:15-18)
    Posts(8054) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by flashin on 4/11/2010 at 9:53 PM
  • MS3FGX Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, April 11, 2010 10:04 PM Reply
    It is the best carrier in the US, though it ends up being the most expensive with most of their plans. As it is a CDMA carrier, you are severely limited in terms of hardware selection, but on the other hand, CDMA coverage in the US is excellent. CDMA's 3G technology (EVDO) is not as fast as GSM, but the coverage makes up for it in most places.

While technically any CDMA phone could work (like phones from Sprint), VZW currently only allows their own phones on the network. Verizon's phones tended to be pretty poor in comparison with other carriers in the past, but they have since fully embraced Android and their latest phones (both exclusives like the Droid, and variations of existing handsets like the Eris) have been worlds better than their old offerings.

• begee08 Sunday, April 11, 2010 10:37 PM Reply
    CDMA was phased out here in Australia a couple of years ago, much to the chagrin of people in rural areas.
    DX is bad for my productivity at work...
    I'm from Perth, Western Australia
    Klaatu barada nikto!
    Posts(897) | Reviews | Tip post

• sece1212 Sunday, April 11, 2010 10:39 PM Reply
    Very informative. Hopefully, when Lte comes out, everything will be faster. I think I was using 2.0, since a friend of mine got it around the first week or two. Though, if you count jailbreaking, the iPhone had multitasking, folders, etc. It's a shame they took so long to finally release it.. Hopefully the new specs will be great. Also, the new design, such as a camera, and all that..
    Colts Lose ):

• flashin Sunday, April 11, 2010 10:56 PM Reply
    thanks MS3FGX.....
    i've been with them for about a year.... it's been good so far. i don't demand my phone be anything, but a phone.

i want to hear some other opinions about them other than mine.
    veryone i know that has it, likes it.

but you're right about selection. at the time i got mine the lg voyager and enV were the best ones available. [i didn't get either one]
    now i look at the selection and, holy crap! they have just about everything.

i think i'm due for a new phone soon...... :)

Howdy from Ohio!

(john 3:15-18)
    Posts(8054) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Off Topic)
Off Topic

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere