Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Interesting replacement for sku 6105

• informologist Thursday, February 21, 2008 7:12 PM Reply
    I'm pleased that DX decided to find a similar replacement for the SKU: 6105

This charger is not confirmed as being digital. However i'l reserve judgment on that for the moment.

This new one shows an output of 900mA which is better than the wf-139 even if it has only one channel.

One can not see the positive pole contact from the photos. Therefore that will be one of the common inquiries.

A single led indicator light.. Again another subject to cover,and i am guessing that the power light will go on when you insert a battery and go off once it's charged.

As for charging speed of an 18650 (2400). More details are required.

Thanks.

Posts(138) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by informologist on 2/22/2008 at 8:04 AM
  • Mihkel7 Sunday, May 17, 2009 4:27 AM Reply
    900mA IS way TOO DANGEROUS! for Li-Ion cells!
    but hopefully its not true, since with other chargers these output ratings have been up-to 10 overestimated.

One of the channels on my TR-001 died, and I seem to be unable to find te problem on the board - so I will onsider buying this instead, its pric is twice as high per channel, hope it at least a little bit better than TR-001 or WF-139
    Posts(187) | Reviews | Tip post

• DDN84 Saturday, June 27, 2009 8:38 PM Reply
    900mA is safe for Li-on batteries that have capacities of minimum 900mAh (900mAh "rated" 14500 &16340 should not be used) so 17670 and 18650 are absolutely safe for this current.

Basically, if you charge your Li-on in 1 hour (1C) or longer, it's no problem but I believe slower charge will improve the lifespan of your batteries.
    Posts(77) | Reviews | Tip post

• npelov Tuesday, July 27, 2010 9:21 AM Reply
    Lithium batteries are charged in 2 stages:
    1. fast charge
    2. topping charge

in fast charge you can put really high current (maximum of 1C). When voltage reaches 4.1 - 4.2V charger switches to topping charge
    in topping charge voltage is constant and current drops in time. when current is <3% of stated capacity battery is fully charged.
    so this charger is 100% save to use with batteries >= 900 mAh.
    Note that if you skip stage 2 your battery will loose capacity in time. Some chargers show "charged" state when first stage is over and must spend about an hour more to fully charge the battery.
    Posts(103) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere