Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Knives)
Knives

List of ASSISTED knives!

• cabfrank Thursday, June 17, 2010 5:33 PM Reply
    yes, i will get some sku #'s together and try to do it tomorrow, if not, soon thereafter. i can tell you off the top of my head that the torsion bar, which is what provides the spring assist, broke without a lot of use in both sku.30877 and sku.32575. that particular 30877 had enough blade play to make it a real pain anyway, (vertical, not horizontal) so it bacame a parts knife. the 32575 i acutally like better as a flipper.
    Posts(494) | Reviews | Tip post

• gregwalton Monday, June 28, 2010 6:50 AM Reply
    Just received an sku.33987 Steel Snake Manual-Release Folding Knife (22.5cm Full-Length) and it is not assisted. Disappointed, as this was my main reason for buying. Seems a good knife otherwise.
    Posts(270) | Reviews | Tip post

• cantstopshopper Monday, June 28, 2010 9:07 AM Reply
    I have this knife and mine is for sure assisted. all you have to do is start openeing it and the spring takes over = assisted.

check out my youtube review - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5GxjSZITcc

go to minute 1:45 to see the assist in action.

is yours not the same? Has anyone else experienced this with any other knives?
    Posts(112) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by cantstopshopper on 6/28/2010 at 9:14 AM
  • cabfrank Monday, June 28, 2010 2:24 PM Reply
    yes, see other post.
    Posts(494) | Reviews | Tip post

• gregwalton Tuesday, June 29, 2010 6:07 AM Reply

cantstopshopper, mine is definitely different. I wonder now whether it is a change to the item or whether it has arrived with a broken spring. Still a nice knife but I kinda wanted an assisted knife other than sku.35062 which is just a crazy size to carry around.

• BURMA049 Wednesday, July 14, 2010 3:29 PM Reply
    Thank you very much for the list of assisted knives. been searching for a while and had trouble finding them on DX. knew they has to be here somewhere. Keep up the good work :)
    Posts(10) | Reviews | Tip post

• TheDudeWins Wednesday, July 14, 2010 4:09 PM Reply
    No problem ;)
    Posts(62) | Reviews | Tip post

• gregwalton Tuesday, August 3, 2010 4:32 AM Reply
    I've just received another sku.33987 Steel Snake Knife and this one IS assisted. Very nice it is, too. So I guess I was unlucky with the first one. WIthout taking them both apart I'm not sure if the spring was left out of the first knife or whether it was broken. I'm in no rush to take them apart - I can just imagine springs shooting across the room and getting lost :o/

• cantstopshopper Tuesday, August 3, 2010 7:22 PM Reply
    hey greg, do you have any swords?
    Posts(112) | Reviews | Tip post

• gregwalton Wednesday, August 4, 2010 3:47 AM Reply
    Mmm... Not yet :o)

I really admire Japanese swords and would love some for display but I don't think Mrs Greg would be keen on the idea.

Why do you ask, btw?

Page 2 of 7
Go to Page:
Knives

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere