Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Knives)
Knives

List of ASSISTED knives!

• cantstopshopper Wednesday, August 4, 2010 7:21 AM Reply
    I log into a great sword forum - SBG (sword buyers guide forum) all the time. Thought you might find it interesting
    Posts(112) | Reviews | Tip post

• gregwalton Wednesday, August 4, 2010 8:14 AM Reply
    I've just been looking at SBG, interesting site and... - dammit I can feel another addiction coming on!
    Posts(270) | Reviews | Tip post

• cantstopshopper Wednesday, August 4, 2010 9:11 AM Reply
    (getting a little off topic here, sorry)
    You have no idea...

I used to be the typical uninformed sword buyer that SBG was tailored for. I bought 4 junk SLO's (sword like objects) online that were useless, before educating myself enough to finally make a decent purchase. Actually 3 decent purchases- all katanas. Then a couple more for friends.

All this was years before I found SBG though, which is a recent discovery for me. The guys there won't steer you wrong when you decide to go down this path- and trust me you're going to love it. No egos, just good advice and friendly info.

I signed up last month, and already I bought a roman gladius from the classifieds... I'm in trouble because they're getting me into all kinds of swords; before I was pretty much just a Japanese sword guy.

If you sign up let me know your handle.

post edited by cantstopshopper on 8/4/2010 at 9:36 AM
  • gregwalton Friday, August 6, 2010 4:31 AM Reply
    badger42

• Nagasami Friday, August 6, 2010 9:49 PM Reply
    What is assisted automatic knifes? and which one is really good to buy?
    Posts(44) | Reviews | Tip post

• cantstopshopper Friday, August 6, 2010 10:44 PM Reply
    Assisted/automatic knives are folding knives that have something, usually a spring, inside the handle that forces the blade out without having to move the blade entirely by hand.

go to this knife sku#33987 and watch my video to see how assisted opening works compared to manual opening like in
    this video sku#18259

In the videos you can see how the assisted opening knife only needs you to start to push the blade out of the handle then the spring inside takes over and flips the blade out the rest of the way. In the other video you can see how I have to move the blade open the entire way with my hand.

the assisted opening knife I show here is a really nice one and a great purchase for sure (except one time someone ordered it and it came with no spring, which you ca nread about in this thread)

• TheDudeWins Saturday, August 7, 2010 4:53 AM Reply
    Please Nagasami and cantstopshopper, this has been discussed before. Cantstopshopper I know you are just being helpful, and Nagasami, please read the forums before asking questions, it makes it so we have a lot less clutter. I am not trying to be rough on you, just keep that in mind in the future.
    -
    The Dude
    Posts(62) | Reviews | Tip post

• Nagasami Saturday, August 7, 2010 2:20 PM Reply
    Thanks a lot for the information.
    Posts(44) | Reviews | Tip post

• eliasalberto Thursday, August 12, 2010 3:06 AM Reply
    Gonna order one of these. Or two, maybe. Let's make it three then, deal?
    Can I use this space to annoy people?
    Posts(553) | Reviews | Tip post

• gregwalton Monday, August 16, 2010 8:57 AM Reply
    I think sku.34680 may be assisted. I've just had mine stopped by UK Customs for being a "flick" knife - which I'm pretty sure it isn't but that suggests it could be assisted opening. Or maybe they don't understand what the button on the spine is for. Or they just liked the look of it.

Does anyone have this knife and can confirm its operation?

Page 3 of 7
Go to Page:
Knives

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere