Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Knives)
Knives

Fakes?

• Crowley357 Sunday, June 20, 2010 5:12 PM Reply
    Some of the products in DX are etched as "Böker" or other brands. Are there fakes or slightly defective material sold by the manufacturer in a secondary market?
    I've seen that happening in my country, and the reviews make this theory solid, as far as I can reach.
    Posts(30) | Reviews | Tip post

• acidica Sunday, June 20, 2010 5:17 PM Reply
    It depend on the sku you buy.
    Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That’s why
    it’s called the present.
    Posts(3054) | Reviews | Tip post

• LAL Moderator Sunday, June 20, 2010 5:29 PM Reply
    Crowley357, all knives sold here are chinese copies of the genuine ones.
    Forum Mod - *not* DX™ Staff
    ******* Forum Rules: http://dxurl.com/RX4j *******
    How to contact DX --> https://cs.dx.com

O homem comum fala, o sábio escuta, o tolo discute, o babaca insulta
    Posts(36488) | Reviews | Tip post

mod edited (lal2009) on 6/21/2010 at 1:22 PM
  • cantstopshopper Monday, June 21, 2010 1:05 PM Reply
    Dudes- check out this link to Bokers own website and see for yourself...

EDIT: Link removed- I thought that might happen. oh well. The bokers sold here are all counterfeit acccording to Bokers own site. (is it okay to say that much?)

-also I have found more than one style of knife here on DX that has one brand name on it- and found that style elsewhere but made by a totally different brand... this pretty much confirms the 'knockoffiness' of the knife here.

-sometimes you'll find two almost identical knives on DX with different brands on them... you can probably figure out what this means.

For the record: Boker Plus brand is manufactured in the far east under supervision and quality control by Boker (as per their own website). Boker Arbolito brand is made in South America (if I remember right), and Boker also makes knives out of USA and Germany, of course. Taylor Cutlery/Smith & Wesson, M-Tec, and BudK also have many of their knives manufactured in the Orient. Doesn't mean they are not good knives though.

Can anyone else confirm where other brands are made?
    Posts(112) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by cantstopshopper on 6/21/2010 at 4:59 PM
  • Crowley357 Monday, June 21, 2010 2:49 PM Reply
    Glad to remember Böker, the original, I mean. Not for my pocket, but... I'm almost speechless. They're beatiful (prices not so beautiful+brazilian taxes, OUCH!).
    But I can dream, always...

China produces some good quality steel. Maybe (just MAYBE) some of these worth the effort&money involved.

@cantstopshopper: do you own dx knives? How about steel quality issues?
    [edit] nevermind. Following the other post, I saw your favorites.
    Posts(30) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by Crowley357 on 6/21/2010 at 2:56 PM
  • Ghlargh Monday, June 21, 2010 10:22 PM Reply
    It is rare, but it does happen that overstock or production seconds from the factories making the real products makes it onto DX.

Except for every single piece of flash memory on this site, they are all factory seconds.
    Posts(3622) | Reviews | Tip post

• RevolverOcelot Friday, June 25, 2010 10:13 AM Reply
    The DX knives are fakes. The Boker Subcom for example, has major spelling mistakes. It's made in "Talwan" (Taiwan) and is a Chad Los Bonos "Desion" (design).
    Posts(379) | Reviews | Tip post

• flashin Saturday, June 26, 2010 10:00 PM Reply
    the knives at dx are all real knives!!

they cut slice and stab just like any other knife.

but they are not genuine brand name.

there is a difference!
    Howdy from Ohio!

(john 3:15-18)
    Posts(8054) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by flashin on 8/7/2010 at 9:04 PM
  • cabfrank Friday, July 2, 2010 9:30 PM Reply
    there is a big difference, but depending on your perspective, 25 of the fakes might be better than one of the real ones.
    Posts(494) | Reviews | Tip post

Knives

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere