Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Knives)
Knives

lowrider's review of 18078

• dimeotane Tuesday, June 22, 2010 7:55 PM Reply
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/ sku.18078

I have this knife and I found his posting informative so I'm quoting it here. What DX knives have blades/bodies that DON'T rust? Any suggestions?

First things first: this is not a review and I am not saying you shouldn't buy this knife. In fact, I don't mean to make any statement to that effect - I just thought these pictures might be of interest to some of you guys. Personally, I own three of these and as a $6 knife, I like them.

Those of you who know me and my background, also know that I usually don't use DX knives for real work and that I'd never skimp on equipment or weapons where it matters and certainly not in a life-or-death situation. With that out of the way, a couple of pics.

http://yfrog.com/50sam0152jx

This is after about two weeks of semi-regular outdoor use in a non-marine environment (translation: no salt water whatsoever ever came into contact with this knife; mostly camping and stuff you'd use a EDC knife for; no combat, no sandbox exposure or anything like that).

The knife was used but not abused. This wasn't a torture test like you might put your Glock or AR through, just regular use with minimal cleaning (ie. realistic conditions on any camping trip). I inspected the knife and made sure it was properly lubricated before we went on this trip. Lockup is still fine, BTW. I treated it no different than my other knives.

Again, I'm not saying that you shouldn't buy this knife. It's a $6 knife and you get what you pay for and steel quality matters. I still like it.

Edit: Even the resized images were on the large size. Added link to gallery.
    Posts(21) | Reviews | Tip post

mod edited (lal2009) on 6/22/2010 at 8:04 PM
Knives

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere