Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Knives)
Knives

Help me to choose

• Azrael24 Wednesday, June 30, 2010 3:07 PM Reply
    I'm hesitating between those knives, i'mlooking for the most solid and well adjusted one.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.18259
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.9199
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.32577

I also like http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.33987 one but since i'm not sure it's really spring-assisted i prefer avoid.
    Posts(5) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by Azrael24 on 6/30/2010 at 3:14 PM
  • LesStroud Wednesday, June 30, 2010 3:12 PM Reply
    I'd pick the third one... But just cause it looks very cool.
    Posts(288) | Reviews | Tip post

• Jonis58 Wednesday, June 30, 2010 5:02 PM Reply
    ya ive never seen that 3rd one and i just added it my wishlist.. deff the next knife im getting, ripoff BOKER but if yoou're genna rip something off, mine as well be something good
    Posts(53) | Reviews | Tip post

• gregwalton Thursday, July 1, 2010 8:53 AM Reply
    Well, you've chosen great knives with 3 different blade shapes so I'm guessing that's not a deciding factor. I don't have any of these knives (YET!) but of the three I'd be tempted to go for the first sku.18259 because of the carbon steel blade. Carbon steel doesn't guarantee hardness because it depends how the steel is heat-treated (hardened and tempered). But my experience of DX knives is that the carbon steel blades do hold an edge better.

If looks are important I'd choose sku.32577, which is on my wish list anyway. I also like that the pocket clip allows it to sit with very little showing.

Alternatively I can recommend the fourth choice sku.33987 as I've just bought it and it is really good. My only disappointment is that mine is not spring assisted, so it might have been changed, which wouldn't be a problem for you.
    Posts(270) | Reviews | Tip post

• Azrael24 Thursday, July 1, 2010 11:30 AM Reply
    Actually I have a preference for classic shape blade (non tanto shape) with a serrated edge like sku.18253 (but the belt cutter and cheap Police Badge, no way). Anyway you're right, that's not a important deciding factor.

Finally I may give a try for the last one hopping it still spring assisted.

Sorry for my hazardous english.

• flashin Thursday, July 1, 2010 12:00 PM Reply
    i carry sku.32577 everyday.
    it is a good solid knife. and sharp!!

as with all the knives here..... take the time to put some blue threadlock on all the screws except the blade pivot.

i lost 2 screws out of this one, but fixed it by hammering a piece of copper wire in place and mushrooming the ends to make a temorary rivet. it's holding so well i left it that way.

so put some blue thread lock on the screws and you won't have any problems.

Howdy from Ohio!

(john 3:15-18)
    Posts(8054) | Reviews | Tip post

• Azrael24 Thursday, July 1, 2010 3:17 PM Reply
    Finally I ordered this one sku.18266 which wasn't in my whishlist. Seems a little big but i like the look and blade shape.

The sku.32577 will surely be in my next purchase.

• flashin Thursday, July 1, 2010 3:37 PM Reply
    looks decent enough.
    g-10 scales and a nice thick blade.

if it weren't for the partialy serrated blade i'de get one too.

nothing really wrong with them, i just don't like them.

Howdy from Ohio!

• cantstopshopper Tuesday, July 6, 2010 8:20 PM Reply
    I have all three knives you asked about- actually I have all the knives discussed so far in this thread except for one-(don't have sku#18253)

sku#18259 is the best built of the three you're asking about- I say this because it is lined inside on both sides of the handle with a second layer of metal and it well made all around

sku#32577 is my second choice and is a great knife that will not let you down however it is only lined inside the handle on one side, the liner lock side- if you like the look of this knife better than go ahead and get it as it a great knife

sku#9199 I wouldn't recommend this knife because the blade probably won't lock properly- mine doesn't and other have said the same. It just doesn't feel as sturdy and you can tell it's not as good.

sku#33987 is the best knife of all, for sure. All the parts are a little bit better, a little bit nicer, it feels very well made and is a little bigger overall but not too big- really an excellent knife!

Unless you are too worried that it might not get by customs you should go for this knife.
    Posts(112) | Reviews | Tip post

• flashin Friday, July 9, 2010 12:17 AM Reply
    sku.32577 only needs a liner on one side because the scales are stainless steel. the liner is for the lock, and not needed for strength like other knives with aluminum or g10 scales.

i haven't seen sku.33987 i'll have to buy a couple. looks nice.
    Howdy from Ohio!

Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:
Knives

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere