Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Firmware upgrade

• Molmarce Sunday, September 12, 2010 12:50 PM Reply
    Hi all!

I bought this IPCAM and would like to upgrade the firmware, but, I'm completelly unsure about what firmware I should use. I'll apreciate if anyone could post the link to the right firmware or any usefull information about a secury firmware upgrade!
    Posts(22) | Reviews | Tip post

• Vladlenin Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, September 12, 2010 12:54 PM Reply
    Please read the other topics in the product forum.
    Galiza Nação!
    Galiza is NOT Spain

Posts(11458) | Reviews | Tip post

• Molmarce Sunday, September 12, 2010 1:52 PM Reply
    Yes, I did it! But, I could not find a really clear information about how to do a secury upgrade. So, as I did by my own risk, I will dispose the information more clearly to anyone interested:

1 - If you bought this cam, yes, you can upgrade it!
    2 - The upgrade files and even a recovery app (in case of any issues happens) you can find here: http://ipcam.intexcz.net/FW/FOSCAM/

3 - The firmware that I used for upgrade this cam was FI8908W

4 - First, download and unpack the official_34-42.zip file Once unpacked, you'll find two folders, FI8908W-fw11.14.1.34 and FI8908W-fw11.14.1.42 respectivelly

5 - Open you ipcam on the IE Browser and click on "for administrator".

6 - The first page that appears is "device info". In order to full upgrade your ipcam you should upgrade the firmware and the web interface. One at a time.

7 - Take note of the version that is displayed and compare to the downloaded file. On the folder that you unpacked, the file lr_cmos_11_14_1_34.bin refer to the ipcam's firmware and the file 2.4.8.8.bin to the web interface. You should upgrade both.

8 - click on "Upgrade Device Firmware" and there first select upgrade firmware. After the upgrade the ipcam will reboot.

9 - After the reboot, you can upgrade your web interface too. Again, the ipcam will reboot one more time;

10 - MAKE SURE THAT THE UPGRADE IS MADE IN GROWING ORDER!!! As I did so and worked very well, its better to you do the same! Upgrade to the version lr_cmos_11_14_1_34.bin and after lr_cmos_11_14_1_42.bin. Do the same to the web interface.

It is not all about the ipcam, but I think that this information can be usefull for noobs like me ;-)

If you have any further usefull information, please, let me know. I will apreciate it ;-)

thanks to all!!!

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

DON'T DO THE UPGRADE PROCEDURE IF YOUR CAM CAME WITH A LOWER FIRMWARE VERSION THAN 11.14.1.33. THAT WILL NOT WORK AND WILL BRICK YOUR CAM!!!!

SOMETIMES DEALEXTREME SEND YOU A DIFERENT CAM FROM THAT WICH WE ARE SPEAKING HERE. I PERSONALLY EXPERIENCED THIS PROBLEM AND EVEN KNOWING THE RISKS I DID THE UPGRADE AND THE RESULT WAS A BRICKED CAM :-(
    Posts(22) | Reviews | Tip post(1)

post edited by Molmarce on 12/27/2010 at 3:22 PM
  • seurico Sunday, September 12, 2010 11:46 PM Reply
    Thank you for share this info.
    Posts(25) | Reviews | Tip post

• IAMODLMAO Sunday, September 12, 2010 11:58 PM Reply
    Thanks molmarce for the useful info,unlike some morons who post garbage.
    ;p
    Posts(390) | Reviews | Tip post

• elenmet Monday, September 13, 2010 6:17 AM Reply
    A man of the day !
    Only the heroes can do it!
    Posts(23) | Reviews | Tip post

• Gabbar Monday, September 13, 2010 8:55 AM Reply
    so what features or enhancements are included once you upgrade the firmware???
    Posts(210) | Reviews | Tip post

• Molmarce Monday, September 13, 2010 10:40 AM Reply
    In my case, I tried to access the ipcam through my Linux notebook and my handheld and it didn't work at all. After the upgrade I could access my ipcam without any problem. But, I think that there are some other improvements on the software too, but, as I said, I was mainly concerned about accessing from any operating system other than Windows.
    Posts(22) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by Molmarce on 9/17/2010 at 5:47 PM
  • Ninguem Friday, September 17, 2010 3:43 AM Reply
    Let me confirm if I understad it correctly:

If I have a 11.14.1.34, I just can upgrade it with the 11.14.1.42 / 2.4.8.11 firmware?

I can´t use the 11.14.1.46/2.4.8.12 one? Or I can DO use it?

Any one had sucess on upgrading to 11.14.2.17 / 2.4.8.14? It is possible?

I have already upgrade it successfully with the 11.14.1.42, but I would like more information regarding the others firmware before get foward :-)

Thanks everybody !!
    Posts(19) | Reviews | Tip post

• Antonv9 Friday, September 17, 2010 10:13 AM Reply
    i updated my firmware to FI8908W-fw11-14-1-34 after following al these steps. After that i try to update my web ui to 2-4-8-8 , after the reboot the ip-camera-tool keeps saying that ther is no web ui.

what can i do about that?
    Posts(39) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 1 of 4
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere