Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

What is the Range of this and does it have WPA2

• RealMccoy Wednesday, October 13, 2010 11:37 AM Reply
    Just wondering if anyone has got this and tested it. What would the range be on this thing (10 to 30 Meters) or more.

Also will this be able to do WPA2 like mostly all other wireless devices of these days.
    You help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Posts(418) | Reviews | Tip post

• Leonardob0880 Wednesday, October 13, 2010 1:31 PM Reply
    please read other discusion under this same product. Already asked and already replied.
    Posts(9287) | Reviews | Tip post

• RealMccoy Wednesday, October 13, 2010 3:49 PM Reply
    A simple YES or No would have been better.
    The other topic talks about WPA2 being software
    and that is something I have never seen before and on my devices (Routers and wireless cards, It is in the firmware so Anotherwords either the device has it or it doesn't) It isnt about the software you use it is the Hardware.

So I would still be interested in an answer, and also if anyone has tested the distance ?
    Posts(418) | Reviews | Tip post

• zapt0 Wednesday, October 13, 2010 4:22 PM Reply
    Actually, encryption types -are- implemented in software.
    Posts(126) | Reviews | Tip post

• gossg Tuesday, November 9, 2010 8:18 PM Reply
    Asked and answered elsewhere, shrug. I've just received mine (19 days instead of the suggested ten. Sigh. We internet generation get awfully impatient for our hardware.)

I have two routers. One is two rooms over at about forty feet (12 meters?) The other router is about the same distance two floors down, but with thicker barriers in the way. The horizontal shot says 48% to 56% signal strength and the vertical shot says 26% signal strength.

The half-stick "mini" unit gets about 85% and 50% if I recall correctly and the Asus full-size stick gives 100% and (never looked). Room for an antenna sure helps.
    Posts(14) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere