Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Knives)
Knives

What knives have people got through Aus customs

• deano555 Thursday, January 6, 2011 1:27 AM Reply
    Having trouble with knives getting confiscated, just wondering what knives to purchase that don't flick open with a wrist movement?
    See email from customs below:

To answer you questions, most of the knives with the thumb stud on the blade or the lever on the handle are considered to be flick knives only if they can be opened with one hand using centrifugal force (flick of the wrist).

Some knives are tighter than others, if your suppler tightens them that they cannot be opened with the flick of the wrist then they will be released to you. When they arrive into Australia, we dont make any adjustments or loosen them to try get them to flick out.

Hope this has made things a bit more clearer for you.

Posts(7) | Reviews | Tip post

• carfive Tuesday, January 18, 2011 6:50 PM Reply
    So how do we get DX to tighten the pivot screw ?????? it only takes 10 seconds and would help people buy with confidence.

I wont be buying another knife until I can get confirmation that they are willing to do this for us as I cant risk another confiscation and possible prosecution from AU customs.

Please DX HELP US OUT WITH THIS .......
    Posts(14) | Reviews | Tip post

• gregwalton Wednesday, January 19, 2011 2:37 AM Reply
    I've recently had exactly this problem in the UK.
    Posts(270) | Reviews | Tip post

• brettjh Sunday, January 30, 2011 5:11 AM Reply
    If you have ordered stuff before and its been confiscated then you are now on their watch list which means EVERYTHING you order now will be inspected ..

try ordering the items to a good friend at another address or similar ..

I live in sydney and have ordered many knives and never had a package opened ..

if customs open any package they always put a sticker on it saying it was checked by them.

sounds like you ordered something like a bb gun in the past ??
    Posts(51) | Reviews | Tip post

Knives

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere