DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

Best item to buy bulk and resell for high profit

• Muges Saturday, January 15, 2011 9:32 PM Reply
    Thinking about buying items in bulk and reselling them but wanted to know what DX items are popular and will sell for a good deal more than the bulk price?

Links to items appreciated. Price not an issue.

Thanks
  • chicapuertovara Saturday, January 15, 2011 10:09 PM Reply
    Hi, it depends were you live, good luck
  • SPVTAV Saturday, January 15, 2011 10:26 PM Reply
    More so than where you live is how u plan on getting it to the public. ie. Do you have a store front, or a kiosk at the mall, or do you have a website that you will ship from here, or are you going to have a table at like a computer show or a traveling venue? I would have to say that their watches would have a good profit margin. but a kiosk or traveling venue would have good sales with their lighters and peripheral computer gadgets such as the bluetooth dongle that's like 1.80 us. I personally would have bought the phone jammers at the computer shows that I have gone to. The vendors at kiosks in the mall do awesome with those little remote controlled helicopters and racecars that come in those can containers.
    To do well in areas where there is actual interaction with the consumer, I would have to say that items under 10 dollars retail (hence it would have to cost you about 5 dollars for a good profit) would give you biggest volume in sales.
    I have been in the retail industry for 22 yrs. so I have some insight into how and what people are willing to buy. I've found that if I price an item at lets say 9.49 one month and then price it for 10.99 the next month, that same item will sell 4 times as often the first month. Now my profit has fallen by about 12 percent, but I have increased my sale of that item 4 fold so the volume has outweighed the loss in per sale profit.
    This is just my opinion though. take it for what its worth. good luck
  • chicapuertovara Saturday, January 15, 2011 11:02 PM Reply
    I GREE WITH SPVTAV THE DONGLES ARE GREAT AND SELL WELL AND ANYTHING THATS SELLS FOR LESS THE $10US DOES WELL
  • Olli Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, January 16, 2011 12:31 AM Reply
    I think you should just look these: ../../products.dx/top.sellers~price.0
    - If you want my attention, write @Olli
    - I'll always subscribe to threads I've written to, so please do not @
    then
    - For latest DX hot discounts, see: http://tinyurl.com/DX-Deals
    Posts(5313) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by Ollii on 1/16/2011 at 1:05 AM
  • chicapuertovara Sunday, January 16, 2011 12:54 AM Reply
    Could U Send The Link Again Beacuse Its Broken I Would Also Like To Check Them Out ;) Thanks
  • Olli Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, January 16, 2011 1:06 AM Reply
    I´m really sorry for not checking link working, it should work now :
    ../../products.dx/top.sellers~price.0

.. please click link in forums, not in email ..
    - If you want my attention, write @Olli
    - I'll always subscribe to threads I've written to, so please do not @
    then
    - For latest DX hot discounts, see: http://tinyurl.com/DX-Deals
  • Muges Sunday, January 16, 2011 1:37 AM Reply
    Thanks everyone for all your help. It is going to be for an ebay store. Thinking about starting with mostly small items around the under $2 mark to lift my feedback and earn a nice little proffiit on the side. In saying that, the more expensive the item the more profit ill be making.
  • Althetrainer Sunday, January 16, 2011 10:57 AM Reply
    Whatever you're going to re-sell on eBay, just make sure you have the goods on hand before listing them. DX doesn't keep everything they list in stock (even the description page says it's in stock). It could take a very long time before the items become available, and yea, don't forget the potential shipping delays. If you list them too soon, both you and your buyers will get caught in the middle and you're usually the one to lose.
  • chicapuertovara Sunday, January 16, 2011 12:31 PM Reply
    Also If You will be selling On Ebay You have To Do Reasearch On the items that your selling beacuse sometimes there things that costs here $1.50 and on ebay its cheaper plus with freeshipping, You have To do always reaserch on every item you wish to sell on Ebay that is key for get good sells ;)
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

Subject:

* 50 characters max

* 5000 characters max
Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections