Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

how to fix the battery???

• carcasasnokia Wednesday, January 26, 2011 5:38 PM Reply
    can anyone say me how i could fix the battery?

works plugged in usb, but with battery dont work
    Posts(46) | Reviews | Tip post

• bgreen Thursday, January 27, 2011 9:04 AM Reply
    the connector of the battery has the wrong polarity, u must fix that for it to work.
    (just switch the wires of the conector)
    Posts(9) | Reviews | Tip post

• carcasasnokia Sunday, January 30, 2011 4:17 PM Reply
    but i have to solder it???

which color is the positive,, and which color is the negative... i removed these cables and now i should to bring this battery to an electronics shop to solder it...
    Posts(46) | Reviews | Tip post

• bgreen Wednesday, February 9, 2011 8:22 AM Reply
    u could have just switched the wires in the connector.
    theres a + and - in the pcb. red is for +, black for -
    Posts(9) | Reviews | Tip post

• jims123 Tuesday, May 17, 2011 9:51 AM Reply
    Yes, I just opened mine.. and this info is NOT in the manual.. if looking at the open case the RED battery lead should go to the + label that is hard to seee but on the right (looking at it with the probe and USB jacks on top.. The two battery leads can be extracted from the mini female battery connector by slipping a needle under the plastic retainer tab for each, then they slip out and can be swapped) so they snap in securely, and red winds up on the right near the edge of the case and Black lines up on the negative (-)PCB label.. i had not read this forum note above when 1st trying it and did not smell a short but the ON/OFF slide switch may have been slid OFF to the left.. to Turn it ON, slide the slider to the right. Carefully center, and put in the PROBE, and use the calibrate OUT terminal to the right of the ON/OFF sw to see the square wave it puts out. The display should come on IF the battery and the unit are OK as you slide the ON OFF slider to the right. Very nice crisp color display .. and a lot of functionality is in it for the price.. O would like to know if you can recharge the battery from the USB cable and how to tell when it is fully recharged .. am looking into that next. JimS
    Posts(13) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere