Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Knives)
Knives

counterfeit knives (Boker)

• cashman2011 Tuesday, February 8, 2011 9:43 AM Reply
    Most of the knives you see on deal extreme are "fake" the knock off version of the real thing. you can check by going on to there website [REMOVED - links to other shops is NOT allowed - read the forum rules!]/counterfeits.html of course this is only for the boker brand name. There is one knife that is genuine and is spring loaded for only 8.97 here is the sku.
    Posts(12) | Reviews | Tip post

mod edited (WildOne) on 2/8/2011 at 11:55 AM
  • Deleted Tuesday, February 8, 2011 10:20 AM Reply
    Some are not even close to the original either. Take sku.48329 for example. The original is about half the size and only sharpened on one side (I have both the original and sku.48329). I should do a comparison shot(s) just to show how bad the 'copy' is compared to the original.
    The internet can be dry and yet also colourful.
    The arrangement of random letters can move us to laughter,
    infuriate us or cause us to move on.
    The internet is what you make it and what you make of it
    Posts(777) | Reviews | Tip post

• Kapiiitan Tuesday, February 8, 2011 11:09 AM Reply
    O' RLY? you must be a genius to know the ones sold here are fakes!
    Posts(347) | Reviews | Tip post

• frills Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, February 8, 2011 12:04 PM Reply
    The FUD regarding safety is a little much. Many of these knives are perfectly serviceable and of acceptable quality compared to locally available blades in a similar price range. I will agree though that the material quality is lower and there's no excuse to be stamping the Boker name on them. Most of them don't even bear much resemblance to actual Boker knives.

However that's the manufacturer's doing and it seems there's no reasoning with them to produce unbranded knives. So instead the knives are sold as generics and not advertised as genuine. In some cases they actually remove the logo from the product images to this end. eg: sku.18252 has a Boker logo on the handle scale and left face of the blade, but they've been erased in the photos (though you can see the outline on the scale if you look closely).
    Posts(3318) | Reviews | Tip post

• cashman2011 Friday, February 18, 2011 8:24 PM Reply
    i guess its your own opinion if you think the knives are good. I own actual boker knives and there is such a big difference. If you are a collector and you buy knives off deal extreme than your not a collector, sorry but no collector in there right mind buys knives for 10.00 they buy knives like a swiss dagger for 350.00 or a damascus swiss dagger for 2500.00

• frills Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, February 18, 2011 10:06 PM Reply
    I'm not a fan of pattern welding and damascene at all. It strikes me as a very disingenuous veneer of sophistication.

I don't buy DX knives with any expectation of long term collection value. Many of the knives here are terrible while many actually make good work knives (and some even look nice, too). At any rate I'm not going to dismiss a good beater or otherwise useful knife just because it was priced under $10.

Furthermore if people never use a knife because it's part of a collection or they don't want to risk damaging it, the quality is superficial. My Sebenza is a an excellent $400 assembly of S30V and titanium, but that's largely irrelevant because I'd rather look at it and let it keep its resale value than use it. It's like a piece of bouillon, only prettier.
    Posts(3318) | Reviews | Tip post

• cabfrank Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:55 PM Reply
    funny, but i agree with all the points you guys made. a lot of knives sold on dx are actually decent, especially given how cheap they are, but they really don't compare in quality to the real things. dx, though, does not falsely claim that they are real. look at cigarette lighters, for example. the genuine zippos say just that, and the fakes do not.
    Posts(494) | Reviews | Tip post

• Raniak Friday, March 4, 2011 8:34 PM Reply
    A $2500 knife ? Hahaha, why would you buy that? If you tell me as an art piece, then fine by me.

But to me, even $350 is too expensive for a knife. Take a step back a minute. It's a piece of steel. Sharpened. That's it. Sure, there is more to it, I know that quality knifes are not sharpened metal bars, but my points remains the same.

I have been carrying one of DX "boker" knifes for a year now and I have never had any problem with it. Sure, the metal is soft. That simply mean that I can sharpen it after less than a minute on the whetstone. I've cut fish, meat, sharpened wood into stakes (to hold the tent), made some little sculptures, made tinder, started fires, cut through cardboard, made whole meals using it, etc. All of that for a 10$ knife. And it still holds an edge.

I would never, ever pay more than $20 for a knife. It's just as bad as kids buying overpriced nike shirts, or apple's iPhone, you name it.

I'm not going to give some company $340 extra just to have the pleasure of having their logo on my knife... Oh wait, I already have their logo on my counterfeit knife. Well, there we go, I don't see a point in buying any legit ones.
    Posts(99) | Reviews | Tip post

• cashman2011 Wednesday, March 9, 2011 8:35 AM Reply
    well 2500.00 is a bit but i come from money so its not that big of a deal for me.

• Duster Wednesday, March 9, 2011 5:53 PM Reply
    lollll

So what the hell are you doing here in the first place?!

Man, you're here bragging and crying about how a 10$ isn't as good (or cool?) as a 2500$ knife...all this on a cheap gadget chinese website? What's your point actually?

Gimme a break
    Posts(1069) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:
Knives

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere