Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Knives)
Knives

Knife with Assisted + Black + Opener?

• prateek4 Saturday, February 26, 2011 5:18 AM Reply
    I might order this one or that one.. but so many. i have searched a lot here. but can just clear out if the one i need exist on DX.

> Spring Assisst .. not auto but manual assist
    > Any Knife that has bottle opener hook at the back?
    > May be carbon style or steel.
    > Black .. preferably.
    > Hammer .. not essential though.

Is there any with these feature?

regards
    Posts(359) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by prateek4 on 3/10/2011 at 7:18 AM
  • prateek4 Saturday, February 26, 2011 11:05 AM Reply
    Is this a good knife .. {REMOVED}
    (I know i might have to delete the link)

I really like this Kershaw Knife ..

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/7932/phpthumbgeneratedthumbnq.jpg
    img src: http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/7932/phpthumbgeneratedthumbnq.jpg

Shall I buy this Kershaw Knife? or sku.33987 ??

mod edited (cyclist) on 2/26/2011 at 7:13 PM
  • gregwalton Saturday, February 26, 2011 5:11 PM Reply
    I have two sku.33987 knives and they are amazing for the price. They take a really good edge and keep it better than any of the other steel-bladed knives I have from DX. They are quite heavy - which is an advantage for chopping through undergrowth, but might be an issue for some people. I'm happy enough carrying one in my pocket every time I take the dogs out for a walk.

That Kershaw fake looks interesting but the seatbelt cutter hook is exposed even when the knife is closed and might catch on things - especially if you try to carry it in your pocket.
    Posts(270) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by gregwalton on 2/26/2011 at 6:07 PM
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, February 26, 2011 6:10 PM Reply
    So you know you weren't supposed to post the link (as per the T&C) but you posted it anyway?

A saw can be useful for cutting stuff like ropes that a serrated edge works better on than a straight edge does.
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24957) | Reviews | Tip post

• xD4nNyXxX Saturday, February 26, 2011 6:13 PM Reply
    wouldn't buy from the link you posted; doesn't have SSL or any website virus things like McAfee secure or Verisign (DX has both!)
    Posts(124) | Reviews | Tip post

• frills Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, February 26, 2011 9:16 PM Reply
    @gregwalton That's actually a gut hook, though it'll probably work for ripping a seatbelt anyway. Judging by the glass breaker spike, the manufacturer must have figured the same thing even if they don't really go together.
    Posts(3318) | Reviews | Tip post

• prateek4 Monday, February 28, 2011 6:05 AM Reply
    Gut hook ..I mean literally .. how many of you guys actually used it literally to stab. oh.

The shape actually make me think that I want a knife that can do just more that just being a knife if I am carrying it all the time. Like that hook can be used as bottle opener!!

[REMOVED]

I like that boker bcoz its beautiful and nicer than anyother I see here. . I guess I might just buy both lateron. Bcoz both are different but I also need to know do we have some knife that can do more than just being knife. No offence I just want to know and cant seem to find it.

mod edited (WildOne) on 2/28/2011 at 2:07 PM
  • frills Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, February 28, 2011 1:27 PM Reply
    The gut hook's for removing pelts and cleaning animals for cooking, like fish and game. It's common on hunting knives but very out of place on anything urban.

• gregwalton Wednesday, March 2, 2011 5:24 PM Reply
    @frills - the manufacturer calls it a seatbelt cutter and, as you say, a gut hook is a bit out of place on a urban knife... for most of us, anyway :o/
    Posts(270) | Reviews | Tip post

• frills Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, March 3, 2011 11:30 AM Reply
    I'm just amused that they manufactured them without knowing what that is. They could call it a lucky happy cute vintage can opener if they like, and it would probably serve the purpose.

Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:
Knives

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere