Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

my package was handed over to customs?

• ehen4 Saturday, February 26, 2011 1:31 PM Reply
    so i just checked ems and it tells me that my purchase was been handed over to customs.

what does this mean?
    was buying ems a mistake now?

i bought the "gamebox- multi-game console" under "other game consoles" in the video game section.

im in the u.s.a., do you think it will get destroyed?
    will items get stolen?
    it more than likely will not be packaged securely anymore huh.
    how long will it be there?

will this cost me more money?
    because ive already paid close to 100 bucks with shipping.

i contacted dx to let them know but there is no telling when i will get a response if any back. if it gets stuck im pretty much screwed huh.

im sorta mad about this whole thing, i was suppose to have it by now. i ordered on the 11th of feb, i paid the e.m.s. so that i would get it before march as this was suppose to be a gift for my buddy.

his b-day is 3/4/11. guess i will give him mine now, thanks customs and thanks ems. :(
    i know its not dx's fault but i want to be mad at them too for making it look like it needed to be handed over. (that's ridiculous, i know.)
    man, so people be weary when paying ems! your purchase more than likely will never get to you on time.

help! anyone experienced this before?
    ive ordered from over seas hundreds of times and i have used ems every time, this is the first its ever been "handed over to customs".
    ive also never had such a delay using ems. im upset!
    and very unhappy over this!
    blah!

thank you and i look forward to every ones replies!
    Posts(13) | Reviews | Tip post

• wjafarrow Saturday, February 26, 2011 4:39 PM Reply
    Everything goes through customs..... They will probably give it an xray and pass it on. Unless you tried sneaking in lasers etc.

EMS is not insurance against customs, that would be stupid if it was because the nefarious in the world would just EMS their stuff around.
    Posts(34) | Reviews | Tip post

• ehen4 Saturday, February 26, 2011 9:07 PM Reply
    wow!

you mean the extra twenty bucks i paid for ems did not make me immune from the laws of all things postal?

man what was i thinking?!?!?!?!

whats stupid is responding to a question before its been thoroughly read!

anyways,
    pertaining to items "stuck" in customs;
    what i would like to know is this:
    will it cost me any more money?
    how long will it sit there?
    will i receive the ever so excellent gamebox before my friends b-day? march 4th.
    will it been torn through and repackaged?
    will it still be in mint condition?
    should i expect it broken?
    why was it handed over to them?
    should i go ahead and order another?

like i said before, i have ordered hundreds of stuff from over seas, i always use ems.
    when ever i did/do check the tracking online i have never had it say "handed over to customs". so you can understand my concern.

i have these questions as this being one of the times i really needed the package to get to me on time!

oh yeah, if it costs me anymore money can i refuse it? if i do am i still liable for that cost? could i tell them to return it and do the return process with dx? or would i just have to eat it and never order from dx again?

whoa is me. whoa is this predicament. "whoa" said joey fatone.

thanks again!

• ehen4 Saturday, February 26, 2011 9:11 PM Reply
    wow!

you mean the extra twenty bucks i paid for ems did not make me immune from the laws of all things postal?

man what was i thinking?!?!?!?!

whats stupid is responding to a question before its been thoroughly read!

anyways,
    pertaining to items "stuck" in customs;
    what i would like to know is this:
    will it cost me any more money?
    how long will it sit there?
    will i receive the ever so excellent gamebox before my friends b-day? march 4th.
    will it been torn through and repackaged?
    will it still be in mint condition?
    should i expect it broken?
    why was it handed over to them?
    should i go ahead and order another?

like i said before, i have ordered hundreds of stuff from over seas, i always use ems.
    when ever i did/do check the tracking online i have never had it say "handed over to customs". so you can understand my concern.

i have these questions as this being one of the times i really needed the package to get to me on time!

oh yeah, if it costs me anymore money can i refuse it? if i do am i still liable for that cost? could i tell them to return it and do the return process with dx? or would i just have to eat it and never order from dx again?

whoa is me. whoa is this predicament. "whoa" said joey fatone.

thanks again!

::::::::as of 9:00pm tonight it was "released from customs" yay!!!
    now i shall prey and give offerings to the "postal goids of lore" in asking that my package come to me intact, mint and in working order!

lets hope i dont get one of the poopy built gameboxes!

• Leonardob0880 Saturday, February 26, 2011 9:12 PM Reply
    ems speeds ups postage service but is a garantee to pay taxes
    Posts(9287) | Reviews | Tip post

• lejige Saturday, February 26, 2011 9:21 PM Reply
    yeah, that happened to me once just because i failed to request to have the package labeled as GIFT.

it was such a hassle that i avoid ems altogether. they had to open the package to see the contents and recompute the taxes. i had to pay extra. not to mention the waste of time going to the customs office.
    Posts(94) | Reviews | Tip post

• ehen4 Saturday, February 26, 2011 9:38 PM Reply
    so what taxes could i be looking at?
    the total was like 73 dollars and some change (counting ems)

anyone know of what and how much in "taxes" could ii incur?

what kind of taxes are we talking about here? import taxes?
    china to u.s.a. taxes? pain in the butt taxes?

when would i know if it costs me more?
    how would i pay it and to whom?

now im really stressing! lets hope it doesn't cost too much more, and here is to praying that its not screwed up via over sea postal handelings nor messy from poor quality control!

knowing my luck it will arrive and cost me 300 dollars and be the wrong item!

man i hope this wasn't the last item i ever order from over seas. i will only get burned once!

help!

• libertythor Saturday, February 26, 2011 10:12 PM Reply
    EMS really isn't worth it. Snail mail seems to pass through customs easier.
    Posts(268) | Reviews | Tip post

• flashin Saturday, February 26, 2011 10:18 PM Reply
    we don't pay taxes on items comin' to the u.s.
    i've been buyin' for three years now, with over 130 orders placed and never had anything siezed or taxed.

just relax, unless you ordered a laser over 5mw in power, or somethin' like that, you've got nothin' to worry about.
    Howdy from Ohio!

(john 3:15-18)
    Posts(8054) | Reviews | Tip post

• libertythor Saturday, February 26, 2011 10:21 PM Reply
    If you really want one of the lasers, get a PO box in a Mexican border town, and have it sent there. :)

It is true about the US being lenient on stuff coming in from China via mail. I have never gotten taxed on anything yet after dozens of orders. However, I have heard that EMS does increase customs scrutiny.
    Posts(268) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere