DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in What's New)
What's New

Updated 2011-06-27 Credit Card Payment Available - 3D Secure(Verified By Visa/SecureCode) back online

• tiffany @DX Staff @DX Staff Sunday, February 27, 2011 11:53 PM Reply
    Updated 2011-05-17
    The credit card limit extends to $200 USD now !
    More currencies - GBP and EUR are supported now!
    3D secure channel, which supports both Verified By Visa and Mastercard SecureCode is live now!

Dear all,

We hereby to inform you that the credit card payment has just been launched,since it's still in beta version, it's currently only available for the order which is below $200 USD. You may find it at payment method 3-----checkout with credit card.

Three currencies are supported now: USD, GBP and EUR. You can choose the currency type in the payment page, where you input your credit card number.

If you are using VISA with Verified By Visa(vbv for short), or Mastercard with SecureCode, you can checkout through the 3D secure channel. You can choose "Check Out with 3D Secure" after inputting your card information. By using 3D channel, you will never need to enter the risk control process and there won't be any amount threshold neither.

Any suggestions or bugs found while using it, we appreciate you're able to leave them here.

We will keep you guys informed if any update on it.

Thank you

Yours sincerely,
    DX Team
    Posts(2423) | Reviews | Tip post

tiffany made this thread sticky on 8/9/2011 at 8:02 PM
  • bwooce Monday, February 28, 2011 1:57 AM Reply
    Just tried it, now it says it is waiting for payment processing which is new... is someone processing/fraud checking manually?

With the CSR delays of late, I'm not sure this is a great thing -- please tell me I'm not going to wait 10 business days to get my payment processed? Please?

The new process doesn't remember any previous delivery addresses, which is a pain. It would be great if you could migrate those DX?

Nice initiative, I hope it pays off.
    Posts(10) | Reviews | Tip post

• tiffany @DX Staff @DX Staff Monday, February 28, 2011 2:23 AM Reply
    The new process doesn't remember any previous delivery addresses, which is a pain. It would be great if you could migrate those DX?

The system will remember your address only when your previous order was placed with credit card either. If you have entered your address for this order, you don't have to input it again when you place the next order.

We will find a way to migrate all the delivery address the customers have ever used in DX.
    Posts(2423) | Reviews | Tip post

• bwooce Monday, February 28, 2011 2:57 AM Reply
    Thanks Tiffany,

My order payment was processed in under an hour, which is not as good as paypal but pretty good if that will be normal once everyone starts using it.

Migrating the delivery addresses will be great.
    Posts(10) | Reviews | Tip post

• mnemoc Monday, February 28, 2011 4:10 AM Reply
    Is is an step toward charging us when you actually get the product ready for packaging (like amazon does) or to make the refunding after weeks/months "waiting for supplier" even harder?
    DX always ships, sometimes on time.
    Posts(314) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by mnemoc on 2/28/2011 at 4:46 AM
  • isasha Monday, February 28, 2011 11:12 AM Reply
    Could someone please point me out the difference between using a credit card directly and using a credit card through paypal? I mean it saves you so much hassle if you just directly use it through paypal, doesn't it?
    Posts(111) | Reviews | Tip post

• mnemoc Monday, February 28, 2011 11:28 AM Reply
    using the CC directly they could (hypothetically) charge you only for the products they are shipping, when they are actually ready to package them, so people doesn't feel robbed when there are delays in the suppliers. CC also allow companies to "reserve" some money from the card before doing the actual charge.
    DX always ships, sometimes on time.
    Posts(314) | Reviews | Tip post

• MS3FGX Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, February 28, 2011 1:58 PM Reply
    Will using a CC lift some of the purchase restrictions in place by PayPal? Like sales of >5 mW lasers to the US, or the sale of modchips/flashcards?

I would certainly use direct CC billing if it meant I could get some of the high-powered lasers DX sells.
    Posts(2213) | Reviews | Tip post

• isasha Monday, February 28, 2011 4:08 PM Reply
    @WildOne Ah, Steve Jobs will like that :P!
    BTW, as far as I can tell, the fees that paypal takes for transactions on DX are very small, especially with the fact that my local currency (Swiss Francs) is very strong to the dollar right now, so I barely loose anything (as far as I can tell, I loose less than 1 Swiss Franc for 100$ of transactions.. although I may be wrong, don't pay much attention to such fees).
    I also feel like I can't trust people directly with my CC, since it's a debit one, the one where you put money on first and then you use it, and CC companies usually don't care about problems with these, since it's not like you can refuse to pay for a scam as with real credit cards :P - not that DX is a scam, but still... never know.
    Posts(111) | Reviews | Tip post

• bitofsalt Monday, February 28, 2011 4:54 PM Reply
    This is good news !!!!
    Posts(17) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 1 of 28
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in What's New)
What's New

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere