DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Lasers)
Lasers

True 100mW Green Laser problem, brightness decreas

• bager4e Tuesday, March 1, 2011 7:18 AM Reply
    Hi guys,

I have a problem with my green laser. I have this one :

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/true-100mw-green-laser-pointer-pen-black-1372

In the beginning was very bright. But gradually its brightness decreased dramatically. Sometimes even with new batteries has no more power than 5mW laser . Sometimes, but not always when you press the button there is no light . Sometimes laser work normally, but very rare. Could be a contact problem or what else?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers
    Posts(25) | Reviews | Tip post

• Limurinn Tuesday, March 1, 2011 7:24 AM Reply
    If you turn a laser on for a long period of time, and it has not enough cooling, it can go bad like this. Or so I've heard.

But, because you say it sometimes work, it could be the battery contacts that are the problem?
    Posts(46) | Reviews | Tip post

• bager4e Tuesday, March 1, 2011 8:05 AM Reply
    Thanks for quick reply. Maybe longest period is up to 2 minutes uptime. But this was in beginning. After that there was no problem.

Also I have put a piece of copper in battery extender to solve eventually contact problems. Now is much more tight. But problems stays. Maybe cold solder or button problems. But I cant open (i don't know how to open this model without damaging) to see....

• bager4e Saturday, March 19, 2011 1:12 AM Reply
    Brightness decrease issue has disappears. Maybe problem was that ambient temperature was to cold. Now stays only contact problem with button.

• lukasandrysik Sunday, March 20, 2011 2:28 PM Reply
    I have the exact problem with true 20mW. In the beginning it is bright, than suddenly brightness decrease and than it slowly rises (30seconds to 2minutes) to the initial brightness. AFAIK it is due to APC (automatic power control=it should maintain constant brightness) which is acting weird and the laser needs time to warm up. I have the problem with button too - i believe the manufacturer use low quality switches.

BTW does anyone know how to disassemble these laser pens? I would like to replace the switch.
    Posts(188) | Reviews | Tip post(9)

• ernestosj Friday, January 24, 2014 11:37 PM Reply
    Happens with my laser too. I used pliers to open the top. It is press fit.
    Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

Lasers

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere