Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Flashlights)
Flashlights

Romisen MXDL RC-G2 What Next?

• marbar2k Thursday, March 3, 2011 3:34 PM Reply
    I have just received my first flashlight from DX a Romisen MXDL RC-G2, I have only had 2 hours and i'm hooked. Cant believe the throw on it and how bright it is for 1 AA.

I'm going to order a spare now but i want to order another flashlight. What should I progress to next?

I like the idea of AA because im not using all the time just round the house, car & emergency. AA are nice and easy.

What about going to lithium, i here these are alot brighter and run longer?

My budget is about $20
    Posts(5) | Reviews | Tip post

• marbar2k Thursday, March 3, 2011 4:55 PM Reply
    ps will the RC-G2 take a lithium cell?

• Darkblade48 Thursday, March 3, 2011 5:06 PM Reply
    What kind of flashlight do you want next? A thrower or a flooder? There are lots of different suggestions depending on what you want.

Lights that can use lithium batteries are nice too. They are much brighter, but do not usually run longer.

Also, the RC-G2 will not take lithiums, as the higher voltage will destroy the driver.
    Posts(304) | Reviews | Tip post

• marbar2k Thursday, March 3, 2011 5:38 PM Reply
    hmmm not to sure on a flooder or a thrower...I just want something that will wow my friends!

• begee08 Thursday, March 3, 2011 6:03 PM Reply
    My first light was an RC-G2 as well.

I reckon it packs so much punch for it's size it's excellent value.

My next was an RC-N3. Highly recommended.
    DX is bad for my productivity at work...
    I'm from Perth, Western Australia
    Klaatu barada nikto!
    Posts(897) | Reviews | Tip post

• JohnnyMac Friday, March 11, 2011 10:24 AM Reply
    Being a HUGE fan of 14500 (Li-Ion substitute for AA size) size torches and in particular, zoom-to-throw torches, I would suggest you go with one of them. Here are a couple of examples I recommend trying and they are VERY affordable and run on both 1.2-1.5 AA cells as well as 3.7-4.2 Li-Ion cells. Either will wow your friends and it will help you decide what you like better, throwers or flooders. They will both throw as far or farther than most dedicated throwers and the flood they give is clean with no hot spots in the center. Just a clean painting of light.

Sipik SK68 http://www.dealextreme.com/p/sipik-sk68-cree-q3-wc-120-lumen-convex-lens-led-flashlight-black-1-aa-1-14500-39585 - Quality built and compact. Excellent heatsinking and great pill for upgrades.

Torchlite C78 http://www.dealextreme.com/p/torch-light-c78-flood-to-throw-zooming-cree-q3-wc-130-lumen-led-flashlight-1-aa-29095 - Excellent little torch which can be easily upgraded with a Nite-ize tailcap switch for a AA mini-maglite to give 5-modes. Upgrades are pretty useless as pill design doesn't provide decent heatsinking for hotter emitters.
    Posts(40) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by JohnnyMac on 3/11/2011 at 10:29 AM
«Reply to this thread (in Flashlights)
Flashlights

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere