Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Set time & date

• Savo76 Thursday, March 10, 2011 9:38 AM Reply
    Does anyone know how to set date & time or how to disable time stamp in video.
    Posts(2) | Reviews | Tip post

• Chrysler Monday, March 14, 2011 3:16 PM Reply
    Setup time:

the video recorder provides the function to display the video record time in video file, you can set the time and the time display or not according to actual needs; the time display format: "year. month. Day Hours: minutes: seconds" , setup times are as follows:

a. You can edit the time.txt in this folder and copy it into the Udisk driver,Or you can creat it as follows
    Turn off the camera??>to connect the computer??> open the removable disk??> click the right mouse button on blank space of the root directory of the device ??>move the cursor on "New" option of the pop-up menu ??> select "Text Document"??> named "time" to the text document, need to pay attention to its extension name is ". txt" ??> completion of setting up time file; you can set up in accordance with the above steps on your desktop, other disk partition, under the other folder and then copy to a removable disk root directory.

b. Open the "time" text document, input the time settings string, the string is composed of "year. month.Day hours.minutes.seconds show/hide flag" ,set-up times are as follows:
    With time shows: 2009.01.01 12.01.01 Y
    Do not show time: 2009.01.01 12.01.01 N
    The above time string are the time you want to set, attention to the space between year Month day and Hours minutes seconds, the "Y" and "N" is a flag of time display, "Y" means show the time string on the right corner of the video;"N "mean hide the time string.

c. The file of set-up time has been copied to the root directory, uninstall hardware, boot, complete set-up time.

d. The time set up will be saved to the camera inside.
    Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post(1)

• Savo76 Tuesday, March 15, 2011 12:41 AM Reply
    Thank you for your feedback. I tried to set up date and time by your instructions without success. I created file "time.txt" that contained single line of text in format
    YYYY.MM.DD HH.MM.SS N
    I tried to save it under different file encode (UTF8, ISO-8859-Windows) and copied "time.txt" to root of memory card and boot up googles. Google now show time: 2100.01.01

Please help
    Posts(2) | Reviews | Tip post

• PortalHobby Wednesday, March 30, 2011 7:00 AM Reply
    Hi Chrysler,

I followed your instructions and it works, though i used the "N" string version but the time and date are still shown on the video footage.

Is there another way to remove the annoying date and time stamps?
    Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

• LOTTARO Monday, April 4, 2011 7:53 PM Reply
    Thanks Chrysler, it works...
    Posts(11) | Reviews | Tip post

• melvinfox Monday, April 18, 2011 7:06 AM Reply
    Thanks Chrysler, its works!. savo76, I saved in ANSI encode.
    Posts(51) | Reviews | Tip post

• jims123 Thursday, April 21, 2011 7:55 AM Reply
    Well i got the time set to the correct time / date
    but the N did not turn it off from the display.. will try a couple more times..
    Thanks for describing how.. JimS
    Posts(13) | Reviews | Tip post

• will2dx Wednesday, June 1, 2011 3:01 PM Reply
    I can't hide time/date, but can change time/date!
    Why?
    Help!
    Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

• patrickza Friday, July 15, 2011 11:42 AM Reply
    Unfortunately I also only managed to change the date and time. I'd really like to hide it. Any tips?
    Posts(10) | Reviews | Tip post

• natork Wednesday, August 10, 2011 3:14 AM Reply
    Same problem. I think this is the bad firmware. How can I upgrade it?
    Posts(10) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere