DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Beware!!

• Mercury Tuesday, April 05, 2011 3:46 PM Reply
    Waited a while for this lighter to arrive (sku.56005 ) and when it did, it nearly blew my hand off!

There appears to be a torn plastic tube between the gas tank and jet. This means when you press the igniter button, which releases gas from the gas tank and ignites it at the jet with a spark, - instead of coming out of the jet, the gas is released into the body of the lighter, and the spark sets it off in a fairly spectacular fireball.

Hopefully this is an isolated problem and just a one off (I am still waiting for any response to my customer service order about this): But if you have just purchased one of these, be very careful when you first try it!!
    Posts(21) | Reviews | Tip post

• Gerbon Friday, April 29, 2011 12:29 PM Reply
    yea i had an issue with this aswell.
    i nearly stabbed myself with it because everything on/in it was so loose. Luckily the blade is too dull to even penetrate butter..

in other words, i wouldn't buy this if i were you..
    the parts aren't even adjustable so they stay loose --> it ended up in the trash
    Posts(17) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere