Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Different stock, different capacity! Be carefull!

• verbumomo Tuesday, April 26, 2011 8:11 AM Reply
    I ordered some batteries last year, same sku, and they were ok. I'm not interested in the protection circuit but only in the cells with tabs for rebuild my laptop pack. Under the blue skin there was the metal strip to the positive and the cell had another skin (if I remember right it was pink/violet or green) - the cells were ok, something around 2200 mA. Last week I received these cells, removed the blue cover but the cell is "naked" there is only a tiny thermal tape to isolate metal strip to positive. Maybe the cells were to thick in some applications so they removed the inner cover. Anyway I charged them to full, connected my Meterman to pc (it's a professional meter and counter)and put a load of 4.7 Ohm, I reconnected the protection pcb too so cells won't be damaged with a deep discharge. Result: counted less then 1800 mA, with a stop at 2.9V!!! Moreover tension abruptly drops goin under 3.5 and this with a light load of less then 5 W.Maybe it's only one, tried a second, same result, tried all, nothing changed - nevertheless rebuilt pack, made calibration, confirmed: capacity on 3 paralled series of 3 (9 cells) 5000 mhA! Not only, connected pack to Meterman, counted 4895 mA at cutoff (2,9)! Ok, never expected 7500, but minimum the same as first stock (6600 as the original pack) - this stock is crap, the same crap you'll find on the auction site. No one produces, except for far more expensive MIL o IG, 1800 mA cells anymore.
    Think they supplied to DX a counterfeit stock made with recycled or c-grade cells. Trustfire maybe is not a high grade producer but the only cons I had, if it is a cons because you get what you pay, is that cells are sometimes a little bit overrated (2200 instead 2400 or 2300 instead 2500) but never so much. Asked of rma. Also the tension roll off is not a good sign if you don't need a high capacity. Should be good enough for a 3 Watt flashlight.
    Posts(6) | Reviews | Tip post

• takeru1 Sunday, July 17, 2011 10:41 AM Reply
    Me too. My old TrustFire Protected 18650 has blue skin under the TF skin. but New batch I got is naked! OMG
    Posts(18) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere