Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Safe to use SKU 36484 charger for these?

• Nuppi Saturday, April 30, 2011 4:24 PM Reply
    This one here:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/p/battery-ac-charger-for-2-14500-100-240v-us-plug-36484

It says - Automatically stops when charging is complete
    But does that mean the charger has overcharging protection or not, i dont know.

Edit: Below what voltage i should not let these batteries to discharge?

-Thanks
    Posts(39) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by Nuppi on 4/30/2011 at 4:51 PM
  • Oldienea2 Monday, May 2, 2011 7:40 AM Reply
    If you want to use Li-ion batteries you should not go with the lowest priced chargers you can find. These batteries are unprotected, so if the charger doesn't terminate properly they can burn down your house.
    I use this one sku.44091 and this one sku.1251. I know they stop correctly at 4,2 volts, but I would still not let them charge my batteries unattended. I also suggest to use them on a surface that don't burn and not near other stuff that could catch fire. You never know.
    And buy protected batteries if possible. I would suggest the flame Trustfires. I would also strongly adwise you to buy at least a simple voltmeter, for to monitor the voltage before and after each recharging. This is the only way to find out, if your cells are still in useable condition. Deep discharged Li-ion cells are dangerous, when recharging them.

If you don't like to spend some money, to get properly equipped, you better stick to NimH cells, alkalines and primaries.

Posts(1272) | Reviews | Tip post

• Nuppi Monday, May 2, 2011 8:10 AM Reply
    Thank you very much for the reply.
    Posts(39) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere