Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Off Topic)
Off Topic

homeward bound...... soon.

• flashin Wednesday, May 18, 2011 10:49 PM Reply
    that's right!! as long as my medications are ready and i keep moving it the direction i'm headed, i'm goin' home just short of 2 weeks after a double lung transplant.
    Amazing!!
    all the praise goes to God and tons of prayer from family & friends.... friends ALL over the world like you'all here at DX...... Thank You! :)

Howdy from Ohio!

(john 3:15-18)
    Posts(8054) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by flashin on 5/25/2011 at 5:02 AM
  • FallenArchangel Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, May 19, 2011 1:22 AM Reply
    Gonna Fly Now, Bill Conti (1976)

Not strictly an instrumental, but close enough with only 30 words, “Gonna Fly Now” was used as the theme song in Rocky. It reached #1 on the charts and received an Oscar nomination for Best Original Song.

“Trying hard now, it’s so hard now, trying hard now
    Getting strong now, won’t be long now, getting strong now
    Gonna fly now, flying high now, gonna fly, fly, fly”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEVXpqDm3sw
    DX stealing?
    http://tiny.cc/DX-theft

We all have wings, but some of us don't know why...

tiny.cc/s20nfw

imdb.com/title/tt1568334
    imdb.com/title/tt0486585

Posts(3432) | Reviews | Tip post

• funkdoctor Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, May 19, 2011 9:26 AM Reply
    you cant have been that ill! :P

but really, great news flashin!!!! :D
    Arararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararar
    arrarararararrarrara

Posts(5896) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, May 19, 2011 6:21 PM Reply
    Wonderful news! God has blessed you greatly, and us too.
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24957) | Reviews | Tip post

• flashin Thursday, May 19, 2011 10:29 PM Reply
    you're right funky!!!
    all i needed was a pair of lungs.... easy fix!
    no ones more blown away by all this than me!

it's lookin' more like i'm goin' home monday. which is still hard to believe.
    i still need a medi port put in for some home i.v. meds. and the hosp is gatherin' up all the neccesary meds for a month supply. long enough to get my pharmacies stocked.
    got schooled on givin' myself insulin shots because i will/do have steriod enduced diabetes. it was a lot easier than i thought. of course i'm not just goin' home and not comin' back. i'll have check-ups and procedures done over the course of the next year or so. i'll be doin' all or more of what i'm doin' here in the hosp, only from home.

can't lift more than 5 pounds for about 3 months... then 10 pounds for close to year.. can't drive for 6 weeks.. a whole lot of changes i have to make, but honestly nothin' compares to bein' able to breathe. it's all worth it.
    the most air i could push , on a real good day, with the old lungs was .6 liters.
    10 days later and i'm up to 2.98 liters. and that's with swellin' and pain settin' in. it just keeps gettin' better.

i agree... i truley believe i am very blessed man. but not by accident. along with all these medical things i have been able to benefit from, keeping my faith is just as important.

i am still pretty sore, but nothin' a couple percocet can't handle. got swelling to deal with too.... and a less than impressive scar across my chest. thought it was a scaratch at first, but nope, it was the inscision. then there's the perfectly grouped bullet holes from the drain tubes, 2 of which are still in.

that's a very short list of what's been goin' on. i have some post op photos if anybody wants to see them.

if any one remembers tek, the other one here on dx with cystic fibrosis and waiting for lungs, he could use our prayers and well wishes too. i've not been able to get a hold of him through phone, facebook, or texting..... kind of worried about him. he got the call for transplant once, but it was a false alarm. he's seems to have withdrawn from contact since then.
    Howdy from Ohio!

post edited by flashin on 5/19/2011 at 10:31 PM
  • Teisei Thursday, May 19, 2011 11:34 PM Reply
    Good news indeed! This kind of news always remind me of the fragility of a human life, but it's also unbelievable how much we can go through without losing our lives. Humans can survive lots of things, but can die easily too. Life is so incredible :)
    Posts(36) | Reviews | Tip post

• flashin Friday, May 20, 2011 11:15 PM Reply
    Howdy from Ohio!

• FallenArchangel Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, May 21, 2011 1:07 AM Reply
    flashin flashing :-)

Some of that tubing is just for monitoring, right?

Will you be going home with any tubing still in place or is it expected to all be removed then?

DX stealing?
    http://tiny.cc/DX-theft

We all have wings, but some of us don't know why...

tiny.cc/s20nfw

imdb.com/title/tt1568334
    imdb.com/title/tt0486585

Posts(3432) | Reviews | Tip post

• flashin Saturday, May 21, 2011 2:45 AM Reply
    i started out in icu recovery with 6 drain hoses,
    a dialysis cath.,
    urinary cath. (woo hoo),
    a right carotid artery cath.,
    2 i.v.'s in each arm... i have 2!
    1 ventilation breathing tube,
    1 stomach vent,
    a pain killer called "onQ" that had tubing stitshed around in the center skin of my sterum,
    and a 7 wire heart monitor.

that's not countin' the numerous i.v. changes, blood withdrawl, heparin shots in the belly, and blood sugar tests that usualy result in an insulin shot.

right now it's 1 i.v. per arm,
    2 small drains with reseviors,
    and the 7 wire heart monitor.
    chances are i'll go home with the chest drains for a couple few days, but the i.v.'s & heart monitor will be removed. i'll come back in a few days for the drain removal and for them to stick a camera down my throat to inspect the stitches from the inside out.

annoying and painful............ but soooooooooo worth every bit of it!!!
    Howdy from Ohio!

post edited by flashin on 5/21/2011 at 3:31 AM
  • Hakan_G Moderator Saturday, May 21, 2011 3:58 AM Reply
    lookin' good there flashin!

don't mind the wires, hoses, needles etc. I bet it is all worth it!
    I'm not part of DX Staff, only a forum moderator. My comments are my own
    views and might not reflect the views of DX.
    Got Questions for DX? Use CS Express: http://services.dealextreme.com/
    Posts(15340) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 1 of 4
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Off Topic)
Off Topic

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere