Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Off Topic)
Off Topic

homeward bound...... soon.

• flashin Saturday, May 21, 2011 4:16 AM Reply
    they were all out of camo "gowns" wildman.... so flower print it is!!

the pain killers really seem to like flowers... oh well.
    Howdy from Ohio!

(john 3:15-18)
    Posts(8054) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, May 21, 2011 4:26 AM Reply
    urinary cath. (woo hoo),

Make sure they completely deflate the balloon before removing that thing. Hm. Yeah.

You are actually looking pretty good, like you've lost a bit of weight or something. God bless.
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24950) | Reviews | Tip post

• CosmoVitelli Saturday, May 21, 2011 10:05 AM Reply
    All the best for you, flashin! The pic reminds me of "resistance is futile!". ;-)

P.S.: Which county of OH are you coming from?
    Regards, Cosmo
    DX - always good for a surprise. ;-)
    Posts(1584) | Reviews | Tip post

• acidica Saturday, May 21, 2011 6:13 PM Reply
    stick a camera down my throat to inspect the stitches from the inside out
    They have done this numerous time to my mother, because of huge digestive problem and hearth attack. She say that it don't hurt, but the it feel really weird to have that camera down your throat! and you alway want to puke..

Have a good recovery!
    Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That’s why
    it’s called the present.
    Posts(3054) | Reviews | Tip post

• Hakan_G Moderator Saturday, May 21, 2011 6:18 PM Reply
    'to stick a camera down my throat to inspect the stitches from the inside out.'

They did that to me, to check my stomach ... wasn't fun, but I'd do it again if needed.

I'm not part of DX Staff, only a forum moderator. My comments are my own
    views and might not reflect the views of DX.
    Got Questions for DX? Use CS Express: http://services.dealextreme.com/
    Posts(15340) | Reviews | Tip post

• flashin Saturday, May 21, 2011 9:05 PM Reply
    bad day yesterday/this mornin'!! respiratory therapist fell on me!!
    not ON me but he faceplanted into the bed rail and i caught him under the arm keepin' him from goin' to the ground.
    i might have spent a very miserable night and morning in pain that wouldn't go away because of this. i didn't think much of it at the time. i have a partial witness and the nurse manager is lookin' into it.
    i spent from midnight to just after noon with my chest feelin' like it was on fire. they gave me as much pain med as they could and it still hurt. i gave 'em a 10 as my pain level... i didn't rate it that high right out of surgery!
    at first i thought i was havin' a reaction to meds, but nothin' i described was a known effect of the meds. i was gettin' heparin. it don't do that.
    it wasn't until they give me lasix (?) that some swelling went down and the pain lifted. later on when i demonstrated to cindy how i caught the guy i got a tinge in my chest a little..... AH HA!!! i think it was from catchin' that dude!!
    as far as i know it won't hinder me leavin' monday. the nurse manager has the names involved and i hope to hear somethin' tomorrow. if the guy just fell and it was an accident, fine. if the guy has a habbit of "fallin'"......NOT GOOD.
    once again, the Lord has protected me. i'm fine now, though a little ruffled over the whole deal. he'll not set foot in my room as long as i'm in it. thanks for the prayers. i've came way too far for the Lord to let some "wobbley" dude ruin these lungs.

Howdy from Ohio!

• FallenArchangel Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, May 21, 2011 9:16 PM Reply
    can't lift more than 5 pounds for about 3 months... then 10 pounds for close to year..

A little less chivalry and let the %&*#ers fall

Was he drug tested?
    Could he have been drunk?
    DX stealing?
    http://tiny.cc/DX-theft

We all have wings, but some of us don't know why...

tiny.cc/s20nfw

imdb.com/title/tt1568334
    imdb.com/title/tt0486585

Posts(3432) | Reviews | Tip post

• flashin Saturday, May 21, 2011 11:07 PM Reply
    he fell like a drunk. i would know 'cause i've been there too. but i couldn't really tell. i had him leave my room... didn't want him around any more. the nurse assisned to me saw part of it... the part where i'm holdin' him up off the floor.
    the main concern at the moment was if i was ok. well, at that point i was. no blood anywhere that i could see. it wasn't 'til later that the pain set in.
    i couldn't help but think i was havin' a reaction to meds at first. so i let it go.

my wife....... on the other hand, was TICKED OFF!! we'de already had contact with the managing nurse and i think a patients advocate about another issue a week ago. so she contacted the managing nurse today when she got here and it was the 1st she'd heard of it.... so i gave the names of the people directly involved. except the most important one 'cause i hadn't seen him before. the guy that fell. we were told she'd make some phone calls and launch an investigation. supposed to find out somethin' tomorrow... sunday afternoon here.

all i know is the dude fell on me. i hurt real bad near all day sat.
    i want to know what was up with him.... if he's clumbsy, that's forgivable.
    if he's comin' to work drunk or strung out on "goofinthall"..... luck just run out buddy!
    whatever the pentalty for that is, he should get. he could have fell on someone a lot more delecate than me and killed them.

i'm not gonna accuse him of anything but fallin' on me. the rest is up to the hospital.

thinkin' back it was more of a deffensive move than chivalry... if i have the forsight to see it comin' next time i'll let 'em drop!
    i reckon i need to learn how to duck & weave.
    Howdy from Ohio!

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, May 22, 2011 4:58 AM Reply
    The trouble with ducking and weaving is that you'll end up weaving all those tubes. Agreed that the catch might have been over your quota. Take the rest of the day off.
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24950) | Reviews | Tip post

• flashin Sunday, May 22, 2011 5:44 AM Reply
    thanks wildman... you'all are makin' somewhat of a fuss over me, the least i can do is keep ya updated! :)

the wife is 1/2 italian. she can get "ticked" pretty fast. :)

i imagine the guy feels lower than a snakes belly and just wants to hide somewhere for a while.... that's why i gave him the option of leavin' my room..... i can finish my own breathing treatments. i never got mad at him or even said anything to him with an angry tone. i was worried he had hurt himself.
    so if it is just a case of "clumbsy claud" i'm fine with it.

but if he caused me some of the worst pain i've ever felt while he was under the influence of "something".....i'll need to work on my Christian fundamentals. forgiveness being one of the key components. :)

i'll update when i get it.
    Howdy from Ohio!

Page 2 of 4
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Off Topic)
Off Topic

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere