Off Topic

homeward bound...... soon.

• flashin Sunday, May 22, 2011 8:45 AM Reply
    Howdy from Ohio!

(john 3:15-18)
    Posts(8054) | Reviews | Tip post

• FallenArchangel Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, May 22, 2011 9:22 PM Reply
    Did any of the stitching tear?
    That would have been the pain I suppose?
    Stress on the new seam?

Accidents happen and it's hard to tell from the information heard so far, but I would have thought that if he wasn't under the influence of something (even if it's not due to a chemical substance - lack of sleep if he's pulling extra overtime for whatever reasons, or senility if he's closer to retirement age for example) then I would have thought profuse apologies and a more direct concern for the patient than their own embarrassment.

He didn't attempt to give much of an explanation by the sounds of it if Flashin is still wondering as to the cause. Maybe I'm not charitable enough. Maybe I've spent too much time in hospitals for a first hand look, but I tend to agree with the Mrs. It doesn't sound good enough. If just an accident then there should have still been an explanation and more direct concern for the patient.

Did he seem unsteady before the fall already?
    Did he seem unsteady as he left the room?
    What was the reaction of the nurse that witnessed part of it?
    Did she think he was behaving strangely at all?

Did he communicate at all whilst with you?
    He didn't sound strange or affected?
    I guess it's hard to tell if it's the first time you lay eyes on someone.

DX stealing?
    http://tiny.cc/DX-theft

We all have wings, but some of us don't know why...

tiny.cc/s20nfw

imdb.com/title/tt1568334
    imdb.com/title/tt0486585

Posts(3432) | Reviews | Tip post

• flashin Monday, May 23, 2011 2:50 AM Reply
    answering in order as best as possible...

none detected
    YES
    yes

sure, he could have just been tired. he definately was embarrassed, but the nurse in charge did most of the apologizing. he's about my age, early 40's, which some think is old, but not that old.

all he said was he got tangled up. but there are witness to the fact that there are no hoses or cables where he tripped up. though as i was explainin' it to another resp ther, he himself stumbled on a wheel lockout stickin' out from under the recliner chair. we looked at each other the same time and said "ah! ha! maybe that's what happened?"

didn't seem wobbly before or after fallin'.
    the nurse (male) that partialy witnessed it was concerned, but not surprised. (imho)
    didn't relay to me wether or not he thought the rt's behavior was out of the ordinary.

yes he spoke to me as he was settin' up my meds. turn out he is from the same area i'm from.
    you're right.... hard to tell if someone is strange or afflicted upon first meatin' them.

additional info i have: i think his name is rick, and the nurse mananger and patient advocate are supposed to talk with me monday.... 4am mon here now, so in a few hours.

Howdy from Ohio!

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, May 23, 2011 4:56 AM Reply
    another resp ther

Pardon?
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24952) | Reviews | Tip post

• flashin Monday, May 23, 2011 5:19 AM Reply
    respiratory therapist
    Howdy from Ohio!

• FallenArchangel Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, May 23, 2011 8:18 PM Reply
    Sounds like it may be a mystery solved, though still strange that the first guy didn't simply point that out or do something about it so that the issue would not recur.

It probably needs to be where it is, but simply pointing it out can provide the option of people being forewarned (by you if by noone else).

Kind of also sounds like a strange (dangerous?) design for them to be using in the hospital if people trip over it that easily. Maybe it should come with its own orange warning cones and hazard lights :-)

DX stealing?
    http://tiny.cc/DX-theft

We all have wings, but some of us don't know why...

tiny.cc/s20nfw

imdb.com/title/tt1568334
    imdb.com/title/tt0486585

Posts(3432) | Reviews | Tip post

• flashin Monday, May 23, 2011 11:29 PM Reply
    i didn't hear a whole lot about it earlier today.
    i'm gettin' out some time tomorrow and goin' home.
    word spread enough to where some of the nurses that had been off a day or two were askin' me about it.
    so some awareness has been made on the issue. i didn't suffer any long term injury, just a little pain. unless they bring it up, i'm done with it.

it could have been his shoes too. a lot of hospital personel are wearin' sketcher shape ups. the ones that force you to use all your different leg and foot muscles just by walking. i've noticed some seem to walk funny with 'em on. could be his fancy shoes made him wobbly.
    i could see the hosp might ask the personel to choose different footwear if it's causin' therapists to fall on patients. safety orange wheel locks only work if a person is lookin' down all the time when walkin'. that'll cause a crash too.

more on my mind now is gettin' the portable heart monitor, remaining i.v. lines and drainage hoses out of my chest.......... gettin' tired of these things. most of the pain is from where the hoses are stitched to me. i can't take a full breath in yet because of it and may have to go home a few days with the tubes.

i got to spend about a half hour outside today for the first time with my new lungs.... it was awesome!

oh and one more thing.. the 23rd was my one year wedding annivesary. dx had part in my wedding too for those that don't remember.

Howdy from Ohio!

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, May 23, 2011 11:36 PM Reply
    i didn't suffer any long term injury, just a little pain. unless they bring it up, i'm done with it.

With a positive attitude like that you'll go far, young man.

Has it really been a year since you got married? Wow.

How awesome for you to get outside and breath real air.
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24952) | Reviews | Tip post

• flashin Monday, May 23, 2011 11:58 PM Reply
    thanks sheepish... i've been told my attitude is almost as important as medicine itself. and since attitude is free, i'll use as much as i can get away with!

....yep, a year already... fast one too.
    i hope my first year of breathin' goes as smooth and fast.

the Lords been good to me, so i feel it's worth my life to serve Him as best i can now.... i owe a lot!
    Howdy from Ohio!

• matrix-neo Moderator Tuesday, May 24, 2011 6:38 AM Reply
    hey flashin, maybe that guy fell for your charms....! haha!
    did this incident happen in the intensive ward or the general ward? generally they keep the intensive ward less cluttered since that's where a lot of emergencies happen and they need to get at stuff & patients quickly, i'm really surprised someone could just 'fall' in an intensive ward, i would have asked the guy to submit to a breath test for alcohol!

"urinary cath. (woo hoo)," i take it this is you least favorite tube coming in/out of you?! lol
    Resistance is futile-give in to DX gadget craving!
    also a voluntary mod-be nice please!
    Have an enquiry? https://cs.dx.com/ticket/index

Posts(11865) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 3 of 4
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Off Topic)
Off Topic

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere