Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Flashlights)
Flashlights

How to measure the current from the tailcap?

• Nuppi Tuesday, May 24, 2011 7:55 PM Reply
    I would like to check what my flashlights are giving.
    I need an ampere meter for sure, but which one?

i have some multimeters bought here from DX, could i use those? for ex. SKU 53130 or SKU 29865 ?

And what is the correct procedure when it comes to metering the amperes from the tailcap?

Thanks.
    Posts(39) | Reviews | Tip post

• gcbryan Wednesday, May 25, 2011 4:00 AM Reply
    Just set the meter to DC and sometimes there is one place to plug the leads in for over 10 amp and another for less than that. The details just depend on your meter but you're just looking for current in the range that you're dealing with with flashlights.

Take the tailcap off and put one lead on the center of the battery and touch the other lead to the side of the inside of the flashlight tube. In other words just complete the circuit and read the result.

Keep in mind that if it is a multi-mode flashlight every time you complete the circuit and break contact with the leads the mode will change (along with the reading).
    I am not affiliated with DX in any way!
    Posts(635) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Flashlights)
Flashlights

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere