Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Worst USB device mechanism ever!

• jeanpave Sunday, August 7, 2011 5:29 AM Reply
    Okay, the glasses do shoot in 720p, and they work (so far) well on their own.

But here's why I cannot recommend these glasses to anyone:
    1) The least important objection is that these glasses don't look as good as those 480p glasses, such as, say, these ones: "USB Rechargeable Pinhole Spy AV Recorder Camera Disguised as Sunglasses - Price: $26.43". The buttons on the 720p glasses also look bad; they look out of place, so they have to be masked with an extra large cap for undercover work.
    2) Moreover, many, many times, you connect these glasses to the PC, with the USB cable, and they will stop working. The yellow light turns off by itself, either in the middle of a transfer, or even when navigating the Windows Explorer structure. There's a very defective USB connector inside these glasses. I've never had problems like this with the 480p glasses, also bought from DealExtreme. But these 720p glasses are definitely faulty, because I have two pairs - one not from DealExtreme - and they both have these issues.
    3) Sometimes, Windows 7 will say there is a problem with the USB device, and ask if it should scan and fix. That never helps, by the way, either. (Bad manufacturing...)
    4) The worst, worst, worst thing about this item is that, sometimes, having these problems while connecting the glasses through USB will CORRUPT YOUR SAVED DATA AND MAKE IT UNREADABLE! Yes, that's how bad the USB capabilities of these glasses are! You might have to re-format the microSD card, hoping to have it work again at full strength, but the problem is going to re-appear and re-appear. By the way, also, in Windows 7, the format of the microSD card might not even want to complete.

This product just has the lowest-quality, crappiest USB connect mechanism ever! You will have tons of problems if you buy these glasses and keep connecting them through USB to your PC. The 720p feature is good, but, if you cannot transfer your data, then what's the point?

Maybe they should contact the makers of the cheap 480p glasses and learn how to make the USB part properly from those guys...
    Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

• myarse Sunday, August 7, 2011 6:12 AM Reply
    Maybe yours just has a faulty USB connector? no one else mentioned that problem. if it's faulty you should be able to get a replacement/refund.
    Posts(106) | Reviews | Tip post

• MVG0673 Sunday, August 21, 2011 12:25 PM Reply
    I agree with jeanpave, this product is terrible. I can't really say it has to do with the USB component but from what I can tell the glasses think the memory is full since the blue light continues to blink. Once that happens I have to use the reset function to get it to turn off.
    Posts(8) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere