DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Works incorrectly with 512e (Advanced Format) drvs

• emusic Sunday, August 07, 2011 10:41 AM Reply
    Bought this item half of year ago. With plain drives, works correctly but reports 4096 byte for a logical sector size for new 512e (Advanced Format) drives (tested with WD3200BPVT and HTS545032A7E380). It means you cannot work with already formatted drives via this adapter. And if you format a new drive via it, the drive with not work in a notebook or via another USB adapter.

Mine is WLX-891U2 V1.1 and has JMicron JM20337 chip. I have another USB-SATA adapter (AgeStar SUBCA) built on JM20329 that works fine.
    Posts(44) | Reviews | Tip post

• erirohvel Monday, January 09, 2012 3:10 AM Reply
    is this format used on all new drives or just some?
    Posts(480) | Reviews | Tip post

• emusic Monday, January 09, 2012 3:46 AM Reply
    Most modern drives use Advanced Format because it allows to increase drive capacity.

• erirohvel Monday, January 16, 2012 2:54 AM Reply
    so its basically a useless device? :\
    looks really nice though... even the usb cable is on the right side..

• emusic Monday, January 16, 2012 8:06 AM Reply
    I'm afraid yes. I have contacted both JMicron and Wanlongxin to understand whether this bug can be fixed. JMicron has suggested to contact Wanlongxin and Wanlongxin just asked what company I represent. As I replied that I'm just a person, they statred to ignore me.

• erirohvel Monday, January 16, 2012 5:18 PM Reply
    write them back and say you represent dx.com :d

• erirohvel Sunday, January 06, 2013 6:33 PM Reply
    which one is the best now? couple of them have been added, but all seem to fail? O_o

• erirohvel Wednesday, January 23, 2013 10:54 PM Reply
    or even.... how has this got so many positive ratings if it's not supposed to be working??

«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere