Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Too long to fit in laptop battery pack

• tobixen Thursday, September 8, 2011 10:05 AM Reply
    Just a warning for other people wanting to buy replacement cells for a laptop battery pack (or other usage purposes where the exact physical dimension is important) - I tried to use them in a laptop battery pack for a Thinkpad - but they were just a tiny little bit too long. (and in any case, it seems like the problem with that battery pack was in the circuitry, not in the battery cells).

(I'll eventually write a review after I've been testing them a bit more).
    Posts(51) | Reviews | Tip post

• desolder Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, September 8, 2011 11:03 AM Reply
    These are button top cells, so they will be slightly longer than the flat top cells normally used in most OEM battery packs. Because of this, I always recommend getting flat top cells for rebuilding. Get them with soldering tabs if possible. DX finally is offering some: sku.91269.

Some button top cells are built by putting a stamped "button top" atop a flat top cell. You can peel off the shrink wrap and the button top should just fall right off. Others are integral to the cell, and cannot be removed.
    What's up with the scrubbed LED driver IC markings?
    What are they trying to hide?

Posts(7073) | Reviews | Tip post

• tobixen Thursday, September 8, 2011 3:04 PM Reply
    Maybe the button can be removed from those cells, maybe not ... to me it seems like I have to destroy something to be able to remove the button, so I'm not going that route.
    Posts(51) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere