Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Anyone else have headphone wrong way around?

• MaximusT Monday, September 12, 2011 9:58 PM Reply
    I've had these for a couple of days when I realized that the control talk is on the left, rather then the right side.
    So I checked the balance on my computer and sure enough the left headphone playing right sound and right is playing left.

If only it was as easy as turning them around, but with these headphones you can't easily swap them between ears.

Anyone else have this problem?
    And do you think it's worth returning them?
    Posts(11) | Reviews | Tip post

• Deleted Friday, October 14, 2011 10:09 AM Reply
    Same problem here. Unless you are doing something that requires you to have directional sound such as a game then stereo should really be all that you'd need.

It's a bit of a letdown but at least they work in stereo.

Almost forgot, my control talk is also on the wrong ear. That's why I looked into if mine was swapped as well.
    The internet can be dry and yet also colourful.
    The arrangement of random letters can move us to laughter,
    infuriate us or cause us to move on.
    The internet is what you make it and what you make of it
    Posts(777) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by Deleted on 10/14/2011 at 10:24 AM
  • Deleted Friday, October 14, 2011 10:58 AM Reply
    Double post, yay! d(^_^)b

Anyway, I 'fixed' mine so they fit in the correct ear. It took a whole two minutes, and most of that was looking for my precision flat head screwdriver...

Everything holding the piece that goes into your ear (the actual speaker) is either glue or friction fit. See the white inset piece directly below the speaker unit? Pop it out from the bottom with the screwdriver. There is a small tab on it that goes under the speaker lip and it is glued in place.

You can kinda see it in the left earbud in this picture

http://www1.dealextreme.com/productimages/sku_80553_1.jpg
    img src: http://www1.dealextreme.com/productimages/sku_80553_1.jpg

Once that is out the only thing really holding the speaker in is a bit of glue and some friction along the edges, but it's mainly glue holding it in now. Take the screwdriver and pick a side. Slowly pry between the white plastic and speaker unit. With a bit of pressure the glue will start to give. It's that double sided sticky tape style of glue. Nothing big really.

Now that you've got it free, give it a twist so it's pointing the 'correct' direction. Push it back in place and compress it together a bit so the glue holds it down once again. Replace the bottom insert and press it into place.

Test the fit and enjoy the left sounds actually coming out of the left ear. The glue and friction will hold it in place just as before (so long as you don't "play" with it too much, or try this more then once I suppose). The only difference will be the L & R on the outside, but once they are in no one will even see it.

My control talk is actually there when I reach for it now, lol!
    The internet can be dry and yet also colourful.
    The arrangement of random letters can move us to laughter,
    infuriate us or cause us to move on.
    The internet is what you make it and what you make of it
    Posts(777) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere