Customer’s impression:
спасибо! Le cuesta cortar el acero прекрасный товар
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Terrible, very soft steel

posted by Simonetti2010 on 09/29/2011
    11 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

None. There are no pros for this product, because it doesn`t do what it is supposed to. Keep reading.

Here we go! I got this cutter as a tool for my home bike repair shop. I meant it for cutting gear cables (steel, 1.2 mm) and gear cable housing (that contains a protective mesh of very thin steel cables).
    The first time I tried this cutter to cut a Shimano SIS-41 gear cable housing, the tool got dented, and not it won`t cut anything. So, I was only able to use it once.
    When I tried cutting gear cables in the thinner part of the tool, it also got dented.

This tool is really made of steel, but it is VERY SOFT steel. It should be make of hardened steel, so it wouldn`t get dented so easily.
    Also. the join that holds the 2 handles together is very fragile. It got loose on the first time I tried to use the too to cut the gear cable housing.

The bottomline is: DON`T BUY THIS. I ended up buying a Park Tool cable cutter, which goes through steel cables like a hot knife on butter.
    Get something better, pay a little more, but don`t get this.

Post comment

DX Everywhere