DX » Community » Reviews » 1V~3V 5-Mode Circuit Board for Flashlights (1xAA/2xAA/1x123A)
  • 5 star 2 ( 22% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 56% )
  • 3 star 2 ( 22% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bymaadcow on 05/15/2010

Worked like a charm! It fit perfectly into the project I had in mind for it. I used it with sku.03475 and sku.10084 for some very nice results running off of two AA batteries. The price. I also didn't really like the 5-mode circuit. It fell off. I don't really see the point in the other 4 modes anyway. I can't see myself in a situation calling for varying ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bykapsel on 03/03/2010

gives enough mAh's for a step up converter quite cheap short mode memory- after about 3 seconds after turning off, it turns on again in first, HI mode, which is good in most cases really weird modes- the ones I recieved last time was HI->really LO->strobe->blink every 7 seconds. The previous batch I ordered earlier had normal modes could be 3 mode- ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byxachopin on 06/04/2009

- It's 16mm, not 17mm as most driver in DX - As multiple modes - Easy to install - Works with 1 or 2 AA batteries - I haven't noticed any flickering at the low settings (but I only used it for a few seconds, so maybe if you stay on low longer you'll notice the flickering) - No mode memory - The price could be a little lower. Other than that it's works ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydesolder on 12/25/2008

This is a cheap, decent boost driver for 2 NIxx/alkaline applications. It's a small size so it can fit in most spaces. It has 5 useful modes, not 20 crazy modes that nobody uses. If you want single mode, then it's easy to cut out the mode controller on top and connect the LED directly to the driver board using the well labeled L+ and L- points. I removed ... Read more

1 0
  • posted bygoogy on 07/08/2008

works with 1AA and 2AA high and low modes, I don't need strobes not very efficient, gets warm in the high mode I wasn't able to measure the LED current, because my multimeter has a significant effect to the LED brightness, but I measured the LED voltage the current at a voltage you can find in the Cree XR-E Q5 datasheet supply mode Vin Iin Vout Iout(... Read more

0 0
  • posted byPelju on 07/08/2008

-As far as I know this is the only 16mm board here that can run a led with just 1x AA battery. -After reading those other reviews I was a bit afraid about the brightness this would offer with just 1.2 volt input to Q3 Cree.. but after I had prepared for the worst, I was positively surprised on the brightness it offered. It really did make my Ultrafire ... Read more

0 0
  • posted by_Diceman on 06/04/2008

Comes pre-assembled. After dealing with unassembled drivers this is a big plus. Decent output and efficiency. Can be used as a single-mode driver by removing the microcontroller board. 16mm diameter. The microcontroller is the weak link in the chain, it's only benefit is to offer a (flickery) low mode. The strobe modes might be of some value to cyclists.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byJoshatdot on 03/11/2008

5 Modes: High > Low > Slow Strobe > Fast Strobe > 8 sec Beacon Not enuff mA and/or V output for CREE Q5s I just got this board in my SAIK RC-A3 (SKU 5346) with a Q5 16mm board I got from eBay (before DX started selling them). At first I thought the 5th mode (beacon) was broked, wasn't till I checked DX and found out it was a 8 sec beacon.... Read more

0 0
  • posted by_Diceman on 02/01/2008

Works. Survived current being fed wrong way from incorrect battery polarity until it smoked. Flickery low mode Three strobe modes Large size Soldering/wires not overly robust Can be used in 2xAA and 1xAA projects. This appears to be the only multi-mode driver for 2XAA but I would only buy this if it's absolutely necessary for a modification. Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections