• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Incredible for the price!

posted by D_Thrasher on 03/11/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

- Amazing value
    - They're green! That's a pro in itself
    - For the most part, powerful for a 5mw-rated module

Cons:

-Build quality is only ok; they look a bit rough-and-ready when received, but who cares at this price level

-Power output seems to be a bit hit-and-miss; some modules are brighter than others. This can be fixed by adjust the pot, though

OtherThoughts:

I bought 12 of these little beauties for a laser harp project I'm working on, and for the price, they can't be beaten. Some of the modules I received were considerably dimmer than others, but I was able to fix this by tweaking the potentiometers on the control boards (after cutting the heatshrink away)...though was careful not to take things too far, or the diodes might blow. I've just tested them on a pair of 1.5V AA's, and they're brilliant to be honest. In a daylit room, you can still just about make out a beam from the light reflecting off any dust in the air. I've not tested in a dark room yet.

Bottomline:

Just a fantastic module at a price level that's way below any other you'll find. Some adjustment may be needed to the pot and be careful to stick to 3V max input, but other than that...I love 'em.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections