DX » Community » Reviews » Portable Solar Powered 4000mAh Battery w/ Charging Adapters
  • 5 star 4 ( 100% )
  • 4 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Excellent product, no problems with short-circuiting

posted by tomasvandenooijevaer on 11/14/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Light despite the high battery capacity. Aluminium casing feels strong.
    It appears that short-circuiting is not problematic for this cell. I've tried many other cells before that would short-circuit while charging my device (Nokia connector that usually comes with these does not fit well on a Nokia 5800). When that happened I'd need to hook the cell up to a 230V power source. Looks like this one just turns off when something goes wrong, turn it on and it's back. This is the main reason I'm so happy with this cell.
    Charges relatively quickly. Cell battery takes ~2 days in the Australian sun to fully charge, i.e. I can easily get one full phone charge per day.

Cons:

Does not come with a carrying bag, box is too bulky to use for transport.
    USB connectors are not particularly universal, e.g. no proper connector for a Nokia 5800
    Only comes with Chinese manual

OtherThoughts:

Very briefly the interesting manual bits in English: To check battery charge, press the button briefly. Hold it to turn on the cell. Press twice while on to switch voltage

Bottomline:

Excellent product, if you need a proper solar cell with battery included you can quality wise play it safe and go for this one.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections