Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Decent price, good phone!

posted by Metalcored00d on 03/30/2012
    2 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

This phone has quite a lot to offer compared to the European version of the ZTE Blade (much faster processor and a better camera).

Besides other hardware, the outside of the phone looks exactly the same.

Build is very solid, doesn't feel cheap at all!

Display is very good (almost like retina display from iPhone 4!!)

Cons:

I hoped it would be a bit faster, android seems a bit sluggish to me since I'm used to a blazing fast iOS on my iPhone 4.

As already mentioned, this phone is a unique blend of the ZTE Blade, for China only. This means that european Blade roms will not work. You need to find the right software and the right roms to be able to update. Once you've struggled through this, android 2.3.7 does work :-). If you're not really into rooting and installing custom firmware files, do not buy this phone; the first thing needed outside China is flashing the stock firmware since it contains a lot of Chinese bloatware and does NOT contain Google apps (like the app market!!!)

OtherThoughts:

It's nice that when you buy this phone via DX, you can also find the matching screen protectors, rubber cases, ...

It's awesome that this phone can read 32GB SD-cards!

Bottomline:

For the price this is a very good phone, it has everything most people need out of a phone these days.

That said, I would only advice this phone to those people who are very good at flashing and rooting stuff. Without rooting and flashing to a custom firmware, this phone is quite useless outside of china...

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections