Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Very good thing

posted by sensei88 on 07/20/2012
    4 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

1) A lot of functions for such a low price. In our place computers with less functions cost in bicycle stores more than 30usd. With the same functions - up to 100usd.
    2) The computer (itself) is very solid and is built in a very good quality. It does not look cheap. It looks good!
    3) Can be easily mounted and unmounted to its mount deck (so, rain and thiefs are not dangerous).
    4) Very good view angle of the LCD (but only when backlight is off).
    5) Backlight is very good (has a good brightness, the same on all the screen surface)

Cons:

1) The plastic clamps given in package are not very strong. Be careful! In fact I broke some. Moreover, I need more clamps to trase the wire in a good way.
    2) Mount deck is not solid at all and looks cheap. But with installed computer you won't see it.
    3) When backlight is on digits are not seen when you look at LCD from down side. But seen good when you look at LCD from upside. My bicycle's handlebar is so that I need to look at the computer from downside. But I don't ride it in the dark so in fact it's not a problem for me. Without backlight LCD is well-seen from any side.

OtherThoughts:

1) The computer has so many different functions that for the first time it is rather hard to remember all of them. The bad english manual makes it not easy to understand what each function does exactly mean. But after some time of use you will find for yourself the best screen on which you will look during your trip. Other info-screens will be used just as the statistics and you will look through them at the end of the trip.
    2) When entering wheel circumference don't use standard values from the manual. They're not correct. Take a metering tape and measure your wheel manually.

Bottomline:

For such a low price you will get universal gauge (metering device) with a lot of additional functions.
    The only thing it has not is an altimeter but for this price it's impossible to integrate a good altimeter in it.
    From all bicycle computers sold on dealextreme this one I think is the best for the built quality and functions.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections