DX » Community » Reviews » WD 640GB 2.5" USB 3.0 Mobile External Hard Drive Storage Device - Black
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byTivl82 on 04/22/2013

The drive is sufficiently large for this price: in a market with 1TB and 1.5TB drives a high-quality 596GB drive comes cheap. * Dimensions are about a modern smart phone (only thicker) * Extremely silent operation * Light and soft to touch * Plastic is soft - which doesn't scratch as visible as hard ... Read more

1 0 0

• posted byamippp on 01/10/2013

I got the product in a great shape, working perfect. All you have to do is plug the cable and start using, so very easy to use. The design is nice, and the drive itself is pretty light. It's a USB 3.0, which make the transfer of files very fast from your computer to the drive and back. Nothing really,... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bylirdi on 01/08/2013

Practical, compact, handy, works as promised, has a small blue led indicator that tells you when the hard disk is actually in use. Overall I'm quite happy with this purchase and I definitely recommend it. It makes a tiny irritating sound whenever the hard disk is connected but for some reason cannot ... Read more

0 0 1

• posted byPACALHAU on 01/02/2013

Product arrived as informed. The quality cover (like thin rubber) is good to carry on. It's a 3.0 USB so connection speeds is ok. Very short usb cable. Forget to place this HDD on back USB switch it could complicate your life. Dosn't come with cape. For this price coul'd come in 1TB :) Definitly buy ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byalpharoid on 12/12/2012

Sturdy. USB cable is noticeably thicker than the average transfer cable, and the case is rubberized which protects against slipping and minor jolts. Fast. Transfer rates can be above average even on good USB2.0 chipsets. Connector is proprietary on the HD side, and finding a replacement shouldn't be ... Read more

0 0 2

• posted byRicoAfonso on 11/22/2012

Great in all aspect, its really a original western Digital Hard Drive. Good size, nice looking and finishing, super-fast. None, no one at all. perfect great. Quick access, good build quality and very low weight make this external HD very useful to carry around. If you are in doubt to buy it, dont be,... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byXybrid on 09/18/2012

Good size, nice looking and finishing, super-fast when using on USB 3.0. A must-have in everyday use and growing popularity of SSD drives, especially on Notebooks. USB Cable could be black color, just a cosmetic suggestion As every HDD, suggestion is to format it before use to avoid errors etc. For larger ... Read more

0 0 2

• posted bymartonmaps on 08/31/2012

This is a very good hard disk. It's very lightweight and fast. I use it everyday to backup all the files I download. I've already one of this, and probably going for a third. The only "problem" i've found is that the case says WD but the OS detects it as "Toshiba" hard drive. It's ... Read more

1 0 1

• posted bymartonmaps on 07/22/2012

Quick access, good build quality and very low weight make this external HD very useful to carry around. This is the second one i have, and this one says "Toshiba" instead of "Western Digital". Other than that, the hard drive it's excellent. Box shouldn't say WD when it's not. The first one i have said ... Read more

0 0 6

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections