DX » Community » Reviews » Cassette Adapter MP3 Player for Cars (Reads SD/MMC)
  • 5 star 12 ( 40% )
  • 4 star 12 ( 40% )
  • 3 star 6 ( 20% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great gadget I was searching for a long time

posted by PM_CZ on 05/29/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Exactly what I needed for my car, better than FM-based transmitters, since I don't loose the traffic announcement capability of RDS radio.

Plays quite good in the tape player, supports FF and REW via cassette player controls (but you must keep them on for several seconds).

Cons:

European buyers, please note that this gadget comes with US AC adapter (also it is rated 110/240V, you would need an adapter to be able to plug it to your socket). Since the car adapter is included and you can charge the player through USB, it is not such a big problem.

Also the USB A to USB mini adapter is so small I was not able to use for in-car charging since the player weight was prying the charger apart.

OtherThoughts:

I was hard pressed to replace the car radio with a CD model, but reluctantly bought a 3.5 jack cassete adapter, which I never used.

This product is almost all I wanted for my car, the possible improvements I can think of would be random play, directory skipping for a longer run of fast forward/rewind, charging from movement of cassette deck parts (if possible at all) and WAV recording via the audio head to record your old tapes to MP3s in your double cassette decks. I think that a display is not necessary due to the primary use of this player.

Bottomline:

Great idea for a player, quite cheap, the product which brought me to Deal Extreme web site.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections