• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• AA battery headlight

posted by VasaX on 08/23/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Zoomable.
    AA batteries!!! Great!.
    Rubber cover for battery box.
    Good build
    Strong light.
    Pretty good stamina even with rechargeable battery (you'll get light power decrease wit them sooner than with alkaline ones, but you still have light)

Cons:

The light beam on wide angle could be wider. Much wider...
    The battery box have usual problem with good contact. You msut arrange the batteries well.
    The button is small and probably not waterproof.
    blinking mode sucks. I rather have red LED than blinking.
    There is red light on back (battery pack box), not very strong, but quite bright. If you're using it for bycicle, you can be happy for that, but othervise its slightly annoying.

OtherThoughts:

I have a hard time to find headlight here on DX on AA batteries. They gives you bigger capacity (and bit more weight too), are more common and cheaper.
    This one is not super, but its good enough to be satisfied with it. Front part is well build, back battery part not so much. Light is strong and bright and you can focus it to powerful narrow beam.

Bottomline:

It's good pict. Still have few flaws, but same as majority of headlights here on DX in this price (and even more expensive ones). All way around, the price is great, if this is exactly what you want.
    I approve this one.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections