There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Worth the price

posted by arikangas on 10/20/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

I've got this, the Fiio E1 and a few other headphone amps. This one is of nice size, works as it should and is a must if you actually have a decent headphones. The better they are the less your iPhone or other portable music player is able to drive them. This little toy helps with it. If you listen your music with $2 headplugs, don't bother with an amp. It won't turn the junk into gold.

Cons:

One more box to carry around. You have to remember to drag it around. It's up to you to decide whether that's really a con for you. The device isn't all that big or heavy, but you do need to be able to pull the cable from your player to it and from that to your headphones so in some cases it may be annoying.

OtherThoughts:

Because of the cons I mentioned I end up using the Fiio E1 about half of the time. I still don't regret having them both, I feel this one sounds a bit better, especially with my bigger headphones. With in-ears I can't really tell the difference, so in most cases I go with the E1 with those.

Bottomline:

If you haven't had a headphone amp you don't know what you're missing. Go for it. Either pick this or any of the other options. You'll be smiling for a while. (at least if you listen to real music and not Justin Bieber ;) ).

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections